Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Getting between Boyztown and Supertown

Liked

Getting between Boyztown and Supertown

How far is it between the two venues? Is it walk able or do you need to take the Bolt taxis or the baht busses

Liked

Re: Gretting between Boyztown and Supertown

It’s about 2 miles with a hill in between, so best part of an hour to walk . Not a pleasant walk at all in the heavy traffic fumes. 10 baht by baht buses leaving Pattaya at junction of second road and South Pattaya Road. Motor bike taxi maybe 80 baht.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Getting between Boyztown and Supertown

It's pain in the a*** and has been since before the lock- down. The road improvements are never-ending, resulting in queues and hold-ups all day, but particularly in the late afternoon/evening when we are trying get into Pattaya for dinner. And paying extra for a taxi (200 to 300 bht) doesn't help- it just makes the frustration more comfortable.

However, so what? we're in Pattaya and Jomtien, our favourite places . So we just put up with it!

Liked

Bolt taxi about 80 Baht; but sometimes slow in getting a ride if busy. Quickest is by motorbike taxi. In general, I take a motorbike taxi from Pattaya to Jomtien and then return on a Baht bus. If two riders then take a Bolt Taxi.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

anyone ever had a bad accident or heard opf a reliable tale of someone having a bad accident on a motorbike taxi?? Just asking?

Liked

Never had one myself and I must have used motor bike taxis hundreds of times mainly in Pattaya but also in Bkk. Also I’ve never heard or read about one either . This is remarkable as Thailand’s roads are some of the most dangerous in the world with road deaths being about five times those in the U.K. which has a similar population.
    The only explanation I can think of is that the drivers are highly skilled and ride in a defensive way.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Two Thais I have known have been killed on their motor- cys. One was the mother of my partner's cousin who was active in Pattaya. The other was one of the most popular show-boys in Throb on his way home after the performance. His name was Song; some older posters may remember him.
    I don't know many Thais.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

A few minutes after posting the above, I asked my partner how many members of his extended family had died in motor-cy accidents in the last few years. The answer was two, both young.