Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Malaysia hotel

Liked

Malaysia hotel

Has anyone stayed at Malaysia hotel lately? What is the area like nowadays? Is the hotel like it was pre-covid?

Liked

Re: Malaysia hotel

It's fully open for business. Restaurant was full when I checked.

A friend used to use their pool, but now they won't let him any more (covid regulations) because he does not stay at the hotel. However the restaurant is open to people who do not stay at the hotel.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Good to hear that its doing well, one of my favourite hotels, staff always helpful, big rooms and nobody cares if one invites "friends" over for fun...

Liked

Rooms are very basic, in fact rather poor quality. There's a lot better around for little more Baht.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I've always loved the casual almost country feel about the place and the fact that the restaurant (good food too) was popular wiuth non residents, lots of talent passing through and that hookers of both sexes would hang around the entrance...very sexually gritty feel to the place...I dont cafre abouit luxurious rooms...I dont live in my room, I sleep and have sex there...otherwise im outside..by the pool at babylon (sadly no more) or trawling through soi 6 and soi twilight ...sure for a couple 100 baht more one could "upgrade" but having spent 1/2 my life in Marriots, Hiltons...the novelty has worn off...

Liked

In my experience the slightly more expensive rooms are worth the extra, the staff are attentive, the restaurant good. As it was not available during Covid I may be out of date but I have always been happy there.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by mr giggles View Post
    Rooms are very basic, in fact rather poor quality. There's a lot better around for little more Baht.
    The Malaysia has "renovated" rooms on the top (sixth ?) floor which are quite nice. You need to ask for them specifically. The best price is about 1,000 baht if I remember right. Quite a good deal. I agree that the restaurant and surroundings can be "interesting". However, given Babylon's closing (so sad) there is not much reason to stay in that area these days.

8. User who gave Like to post:

Dodger (January 27th, 2023)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by latintopxxx View Post
    Good to hear that its doing well, one of my favourite hotels, staff always helpful, big rooms and nobody cares if one invites "friends" over for fun...
    The Malaysia is my first choice hotel too whenever I go to Bangkok. Another plus is the proximity and easy access to the expressway for those of us who drive. The hotel has plenty of parking.

The staff is very helpful. The front desk staff speaks good English and the room maids are trustworthy.

The hotel has separate floors for smokers and non-smokers, so no problems about that.

Nobody mentioned that a traditional Thai massage shop is located within the hotel. I've never tried it, though.

Yes, the rooms are on the spartan side, so it's the wrong hotel for those looking for high end luxury accommodations. I too have never had a problem bringing a "guest" to my room. The "guest" has to leave his ID card at the front desk. If you are still in your room when he leaves, the front desk calls to make sure everything is ok before giving him back his ID card.

There are also some very good restaurants within easy walking distance.

If you are not afraid of motorbike taxis, it's usually less than a 10 minute ride to the gay bar area.

There are nearby hotels with better appointed rooms for a higher price, but for me the Malaysia Hotel is perfect.
    https://www.gaybuttonthai.com

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Gaybutton View Post
    The Malaysia is my first choice hotel too whenever I go to Bangkok. .
    I wonder if Charles Sobhraj (the serial killer) will be back to stay in his old room at The Malaysia, now that he has been released from prison?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by mr giggles View Post
    I wonder if Charles Sobhraj (the serial killer) will be back to stay in his old room at The Malaysia, :
    If you don't know what mr giggles is talking about, watch the 2021 mini series, "The Serpent".

Did he really stay at the Malaysia Hotel? How do you know?
    https://www.gaybuttonthai.com