List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Christmas and New Year in THailand BKK or Pattaya suggestions on what to do?

Liked

Christmas and New Year in THailand BKK or Pattaya suggestions on what to do?

I'm coming to thailand dec 10, spending a10 days in BKK then headed to Pattaya.

wondering what is the best place to do Xmas (assume its not big other than a reason to party and spend) and new years (you know fireworks fun,,, whatever). Hotel rates in BKK at new years are quite a bit higher..

thanks for any ideas

Liked

Re: Christmas and New Year in THailand BKK or Pattaya suggestions on what to do?

When I was in my mid 30s about 15 years ago, I loved Bangkok. There were many gay clubs, not the tourist clubs like DJ station or GOD. There would be plenty of boys that were available for free in those years. It made Bangkok huge compared to what is on offer for me now.

The only reason for me to go to Bangkok now is the 2 forementioned clubs. However, I take the Complex over Soi 4 any day. Combined that with an Isaan club for the late hours, and it should be a good evening.

So if I would be in Thailand around that time, I would go for Pattaya/Jomtien

3. 4 Users gave Like to post:

francois (November 11th, 2022), GerBear1958 (November 17th, 2022), maump (November 11th, 2022), poshglasgow (November 15th, 2022)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Christmas and New Year in THailand BKK or Pattaya suggestions on what to do?

evert since the tragic demise of babylon for which there should be a national day of nmourning I couldnt be bothered with BKK, its Pattaya all the way now..

5. 2 Users gave Like to post:

GerBear1958 (November 17th, 2022), poshglasgow (November 15th, 2022)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

For me it will be sitting in the plane and coming back-today going there. Xmas is as such not even a holiday for most Thai-schools are on, shops open etc. Slowly the days after BKK empties out and becomes so quiet that even traffic is negligible. PTy will be much more in hi-season mood as its a holiday place.
    Best advice is of course to make a splurge and hire as much guys as you can afford and lay a party=pahtee. Or in style with that father: sit on candles (now guess from whom?

7. User who gave Like to post:

GerBear1958 (November 17th, 2022)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by pong View Post
    For me it will be sitting in the plane and coming back-today going there. Xmas is as such not even a holiday for most Thai-schools are on, shops open etc. Slowly the days after BKK empties out and becomes so quiet that even traffic is negligible. PTy will be much more in hi-season mood as its a holiday place.
    Best advice is of course to make a splurge and hire as much guys as you can afford and lay a party=pahtee. Or in style with that father: sit on candles (now guess from whom?
    Absent any real advice on activities in BKK new years, I will probably go to Pattaya and rent a condo for 30 days near Jomtien. (saw a top floor Talay 1B studio for 24usd a day).

I am flying in a bed friend from Philippines for English company (he is a good fuck and open for 3 way play) maybe a mistake ... we will see.

Anyone ever bring a filipino or VC thru immigration? the 10,000b of money proof of finance irritates me. How do he/(you) prove that?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

maump u must be a very bad boy if your only option at christmas is to flee your home and fly in a rent number .....

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by latintopxxx View Post
    maump u must be a very bad boy if your only option at christmas is to flee your home and fly in a rent number .....
    my chistmas present.

11. User who gave Like to post:

GerBear1958 (November 17th, 2022)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by maump View Post
    Anyone ever bring a filipino or VC thru immigration? the 10,000b of money proof of finance irritates me. How do he/(you) prove that?
    Ohhh, this question brings back memories. I was together with a boy from the Philippines for a few years. We met when I lived in Manila, and we traveled a lot. The first few times that we left the country from manila, we were together and went to immigration together. He was 18, and it was a struggle to get him out of the country. They usually had 1000 questions. We lived together, and he was also registered as an employee of my company, so it would always work out. However, once when I already was in Hong Kong, and he came later, it turned out that immigration didn't ask him a single question. And yes, I am still talking about leaving the country - Philippines.

He came to visit me a couple of times when I stayed in Thailand for a longer period. He was in his last year of university, yes they finish two years earlier than in western countries, and he often visited me. One time, he stayed with me in Pattaya for 4 weeks, and then he went home. But after a few days in the Philippines, he would rather come back to Thailand. So he booked a ticket and came. When he arrived, immigration asked him many questions. Obviously, they saw that he had just stayed for 4 weeks. Anyway, they asked how much cash he had, and he said, none :-( ugh, he had a visa card and could take money from the machine, but they didn't let him. He called me desperate, and my Thai neighbor spoke to immigration. They just would not let him go through. So they put him in a cell overnight and sent him back the next day...crazy!!

Then a week later he booked a new ticket and made sure he had 1000 USD in cash with him, and of course Thai immigration gave him a stamp without even asking a question.

edit:

I just remember, the first boy I met in de Philippines. I invited him to come to Pattaya where I already was. When he wanted to leave the Philippines, they wanted proof that he already knew me. Luckily, we had taken 1 picture when we ate together in Manila. That was a coincidence because I hardly ever take pictures. Without that proof, they might not have let him leave.

So my problems have mostly been getting the boy out of the country rather than into Thailand, even though that went wrong once.

13. 2 Users gave Like to post:

GerBear1958 (November 17th, 2022), maump (November 22nd, 2022)

Liked

Sounds like a pain!!

Just had my second attempt at a Agoda condo rental cancelled by the host (apartment not available) anyone have any good leads on a condo near jomtien complex? not too expensive... Id like to have a kitchenet, and a pool.... dec 18 thru jan 10 for now.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

omg...u got bad karma now...even locals are cxancelling u....what did u do...pull wings off butterfliys??