Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Practical advise on Exchange rate / SIM Cards / Transport

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Liked

Re: Practical advise on Exchange rate / SIM Cards / Transport

Change money at money exchanges (many have "rich" in the name!), never banks. Their rates are much better and they are all over Bangkok. For immediate needs, wait until you have been through immigration and customs, then go down to the airport basement (airport rail link terminal) where you will find exchange booths which are outside the cabal that sets the (bad) exchange rate in the airport itself.

Which SIM card? they are all much the same as far as the short-term tourist is concerned (for longer stays the advice might be different.) I go for whichever provider has the shortest queue at the airport. Yes, I might save a few baht by going to a 7-11 but the airport people are accustomed to dealing with farangs with weird phones..

Liked

Re: Practical advise on Exchange rate / SIM Cards / Transport

Quote Originally Posted by thaiophilus View Post
    Which SIM card? they are all much the same as far as the short-term tourist is concerned (for longer stays the advice might be different.) I go for whichever provider has the shortest queue at the airport.
    Well when i went to Egypt for example i was recommended Vodafone since they had a better Internet connection, they actually had the longer queue. But i had very good internet connection. So Thai profiders are all good ? i have no idea which choices there are in Thailand
    Last edited by christianpfc; September 15th, 2022 at 23:03. Reason: fix quotation