Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth Has Passed Away

Liked

Re: Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth Has Passed Away

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonman View Post
    Moses, my reading of Matt's response does not indicate to me that he was offended by my posting about your views that "any monarchy is anachronism and should have no place in modern world, because it is nonsense what person may has right to rule country and/or be head of state just because he/she has specific family name," given that what I posted about North Korea and Cuba being de facto hereditary monarchies, and that there are families in the Russian Federation (and former Soviet Union) that, over several generations, seem the believe that they have the right to be involved in ruling it is correct. The Kadyrovs in Chechnya, a republic within Russia, are an example of this hereditary principles.

I asked the question of you because I was, and am, genuinely interested in your view of hereditary politicians in the modern world, given that there are so many examples of them. I originally included a longer list of such political dynasties around the world, e.g., the Trudeaus in Canada, the families that have provided more than one US president (e.g., the Bushes and Roosevelts); the Aquinos, Marcoses, Macapagals, etc., in The Philippines; the Lees in Singapore; the Sukarnos in Indonesia; the Bhuttos in Pakistan; the Nehrus in India; those in numerous African countries (e.g., Congo-Brazzaville, Gabon, Equatorial Guinea, Chad, Cameroon, etc.), and the convoluted family relationships among Japanese politicians where sons are traded back between political families, some of whom are related to the Imperial Family. The late Shinzo Abe was the grandson of former PM Nobusuke Kishi (born Nobusuke Satō), and his brother is Nobuo Kishi, who currently holds Nobusuke Kishi's former seat. Former PM Taro Aso is the brother of Princess Tomohito of Mikasa. There are other examples. A majority of members of the Japanese Diet are are least second-generation politicians. Prior to the ending of martial law, Taiwan had a father-and-son presidential succession, too.

I deleted that information as the posting was becoming too long, though.

Moreover, the hereditary system seems to be a characteristic of some of the governments in Central Asian countries that used to be constituent republics of the former Soviet Union. For example, President Gurbanguly Berdymuchammedow of Turkmenistan made his eldest son Serdar Berdymuchammedow deputy foreign minister before stepping down - and then the son won the presidency in the resulting election that was seen as neither free nor fair. Ilham Aliyev, president of Azerbaijan, followed his father Heydar Aliyev in office. It seems to be widely expected that Emomali Rahmon, President of Tajikistan, will be succeeded by his eldest son Rustam.

It seems to me that hereditary heads of state and members of whatever a country's parliament is called are a widespread phenomenon, one not confined to the so-called western world.
    Why you ever bring Russia, Cuba and etc to the thread about death of Elisabeth II??? Do you see what you did??? Matt is upset now and blaming me what I bring "Russia" to this thread when I said no word about it here?

And why you started off-topic discussion about monarchy here in the thread about respected queen Elisabeth II based on my short remark about monarchy itself when it is clearly visible what it was just part of construction like "I don't like monarchy, but Elisabeth II has been respected queen and people have reasons to love her"?
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    It's simply because Moses has made his views very clear in other threads, that's all. Nevermind.
    So, Matt, where is encrypted word "Russia" in my post? Please don't be shy and point. I will copy it here for you:

A very wide period of British and world history fell on the reign of Elizabeth II, the significant events of which were the collapse of the British Empire and its transformation into the Commonwealth of Nations, the process of decolonization, the Cold War, man's spacewalk and landing on the moon, the emergence of television and the Internet, the entry of Great Britain to and from the European Union, settlement of the long ethno-political conflict in Northern Ireland.

Reign of Elisabeth II is marked by Falklands War, British participation in Korean war, war in Kenya, Jebel Akhdar War, military conflict in Cyprus, Suez Crisis, 3 wars with Iceland, war against Indonesia, 3 wars in Iraq, wars in Afghanistan, Syria and Libya, it is also marked by total destroying of Yugoslavia.

While I'm sure in fact what any monarchy is anachronism and should have no place in modern world, because it is nonsense what person may has right to rule country and/or be head of state just because he/she has specific family name, I must admit that Elisabeth II has been most visible and respected monarch, and citizens of UK have a lot of reasons to love her.
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

3. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (September 15th, 2022)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    Why you ever bring Russia, Cuba and etc to the thread about death of Elisabeth II??? Do you see what you did??? Matt is upset now and blaming me what I bring "Russia" to this thread when I said no word about it here?

And why you started off-topic discussion about monarchy here in the thread about respected queen Elisabeth II based on my short remark about monarchy itself when it is clearly visible what it was just part of construction like "I don't like monarchy, but Elisabeth II has been respected queen and people have reasons to love her"?
    I thought I had answered this question - because I was and am genuinely interested in your views of this subject, given what you also wrote in your post, i.e., "any monarchy is anachronism and should have no place in modern world, because it is nonsense what person may has right to rule country and/or be head of state just because he/she has specific family name."

I did not consider the posting off-topic, given how postings on other issues also diverge from the main theme because board members read more into a posting than may have been intended. For example, YOU posted a reference to a Chinese-language Durex condom advertisement into the thread on the Russian "special military operation" in Ukraine under "The Brink of War?" that prompted christianpfc to respond to my translation of the Chinese characters used.

I acknowledge your gracious comments, however, on Queen Elizabeth II having been a respected queen and that people have reasons to love her.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

....you all do realise that the British royal family dont have any real power...its all fiction...if they for example...and Im saying this just to piss Moses off...if King Charles had to give a royal command that the UK had to normalise relations with Putin and drop all sanctions...go back to business as usual...how do you think that would go... by lunchtime the whole lot would be packed onto a plane back to Germany where they came from...

6. 2 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (September 10th, 2022), Dodger (September 11th, 2022)

Liked

At least it was just 1 war with Indonesia
    3 wars with Iceland apparently.
    And 96yrs of everybody spelling her name wrong.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonman View Post

I did not consider the posting off-topic, given how postings on other issues also diverge from the main theme because board members read more into a posting than may have been intended.
    Dragonman when admin of the forum says it is off-topic, then it is off-topic, Because rules of forum left that decision on moderators and admins. So please stop to continue this discussion.

It is moderator's note, you can't reply to it on public forum.

Liked

I think I can hear the fat lady warming up her vocal cords - though I am not sure if I should be posting this here or in the "is this site dead?" thread
    I can’t even be bothered to be apathetic these days!

10. User who gave Like to post:

arsenal (September 10th, 2022)

Liked

Dragonman when admin of the forum says it is off-topic, then it is off-topic, Because rules of forum left that decision on moderators and admins. So please stop to continue this discussion.

It is moderator's note, you can't reply to it on public forum.

Fabulous Stalin era logic.
    arsenal banned or binned, it makes no difference to this twitching carcass of a board.

12. 2 Users gave Like to post:

gerefan2 (September 11th, 2022), Ruthrieston (September 11th, 2022)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

...with all this negativity at times i wonder why Moses bothers with this enterprise...

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by latintopxxx View Post
    ...with all this negativity at times i wonder why Moses bothers with this enterprise...
    Because I'm mature enough.