Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Wearing face masks

Liked

Wearing face masks

Some of the members of this forum probably live in Pattaya or elsewhere in Thailand. I spent 2 months in Pattaya and Bangkok back in March and April this year, and at that time you had to wear face masks more or less everywhere. I had the feeling at that time that Pattaya was more lenient when i came to wearing masks in the street while more or less everyone in Bangkok wore their facemasks in public. I am going back for 3 months later this year, so i wonder : What is the situation like nowadays in Pattaya and Bangkok? Are face masks still mandatory everywhere?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Wearing face masks

No longer, but you'll find that many if not most Thais will continue to wear them, while falangs tend not to. I certainly wore mine on buses and in malls there a few weeks ago. It is now advisory rather than compulsory.
    It behoves us, as visitors, to respect the wishes of our hosts.

3. 3 Users gave Like to post:

Dodger (September 1st, 2022), Maxxy (September 10th, 2022), Stulong (September 6th, 2022)

Liked

Yeah, pretty much all the locals are keeping their masks on both indoors and outdoors and unfortunately that includes also saunas and clubs.
    Takes a lot away from one of the most pleasant activities we all travel to Thailand for: gazing our eyes into the local boys while going on through our day.
    You can still do it but it's definitely not the same when the guy has a mask on.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by infoarmor View Post

Takes a lot away from one of the most pleasant activities we all travel to Thailand for: gazing our eyes into the local boys while going on through our day.
    Just gaze at their crotches and asses like I do.
    Last edited by a447; September 1st, 2022 at 14:59. Reason: Fixed quote

Liked

My observation:
    In Pattaya, most people without mask.
    In Bangkok most locals (I would say close to all) with mask, some Farang without mask.

First days after arriving I put on my mask, but following a Farang friend's example I now keep it off.
    I carry a mask with me, but was only once asked to put it on (by a taxi driver).