Quick navigation:
List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Thailand Prescription drug cost.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Liked

Re: Thailand Prescription drug cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonman View Post
    They, and you, will be fined if they sell it to you. Similarly, Valium, Rohypnol, etc., cannot be sold to you without a prescription. They are all classed as narcotic drugs. Thailand has strict regulations about who can take these drugs into Thailand (e.g., people going there fore medical treatment), and how much they can import (30-days supply).
    It wasn't always so difficult. I used to travel extensively from another country and for 3 or 4 years was prescribed rohypnol as a mild sleeping tablet for use on those trips. Probably 3 decades ago on a vacation in Bangkok, I thought I'd check if any pharmacy had them just to save me going to my doctor at home. In a pharmacy on Patpong 2, I inquired about the drug. The duty pharmacist said they would soon be made prescrption only drugs by the Thai government but he did have some he could sell me. He leaned below the counter and brought out a large bottle with l;ots of pills. "There's about 1,000 here. Will that be enough?"

Liked

Not sure about costs in Thailand but noted he was from the states. He can check cash price in a variety of places such as walmart and costco (dont need to be a member to use} also a great website is www.goodrx.com which compares all the costs of all local pharmacies and even coupons that can be used to bring price down. ex: his carvedilol at Costco goes for $10 for 180 tabs. One of my meds costs $1900 for 90 days so get the generic from Canada for $90. check www.CIPA.com for a list of reliable canadian online pharmacies. Hope this helps.

Liked

Well, all in all some intereting discussion, thank you

the world is a crazy place. as a future geriatric expat hoping for a new life in the land of smiles.... AND since some of the members are expat geriatric men living the good life in thailand taking cholesterial and blood pressure meds, this would be a no brainer question. but....

when i come this winter, i will bring 90+ day supply and continue exploring the internet.