Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Reasonable Priced Hotels in Silom Area

Liked

Reasonable Priced Hotels in Silom Area

Hello guys..I Have a confession to make. I have been to Thailand six times but never stayed in this infamous area of Bangkok. I have always stayed in the Nana area and amused myself with femboy ladyboys. I want to try the heart of gay Bangkok on my next upcoming trip. Can anyone recommend a hotel around 1500 baht in this area? I am into legal aged twinks so any hotel recommendations near a good bar to my tastes would be appreciated. Most of my trip will be staying at the East Suites in Jomtien...thanks for any help!

Liked

Re: Reasonable Priced Hotels in Silom Area

Quote Originally Posted by davidmelba View Post
    Hello guys..I Have a confession to make. I have been to Thailand six times but never stayed in this infamous area of Bangkok. I have always stayed in the Nana area and amused myself with femboy ladyboys. I want to try the heart of gay Bangkok on my next upcoming trip. Can anyone recommend a hotel around 1500 baht in this area? I am into legal aged twinks so any hotel recommendations near a good bar to my tastes would be appreciated. Most of my trip will be staying at the East Suites in Jomtien...thanks for any help!
    Well, before I started using Airbnbs, I stayed a few times at DVaree Xpress Silom., which should be within the budget limit you mentioned.
    Now , it's pretty basic and it doesn't have amenities like a pool or gym but it's overall pretty clean and then its location is almost unbeatable.
    It's right next G-O-D and two blocks from DJ Station so, there is always a bonanza of twinks to admire and hopefully indulge into.
    The hotel has surprisingly a pretty good sound insulation, so you don't hear much noise from outside or from the plenty of action happening in the neighboring rooms.
    The staff is also very friendly and printed so many documents for me free-of-charge. I remember one time after rechecking from a trip to Phuket, they had found a pair of underwear that one of my guys had left in the room in the week before and they had stored it for me

Also on weekends ,getting a guy late at night (after the bars close) is almost like shooting fish in a barrel, if you are OK with them spending the night at your place.
    Plenty of Thai guys think that it's more convenient to just get offed by a guy and staying with him for the night, even if they might not be fully into him, than having to pay for a taxi/Grab to get back home.
    It's cheaper for the to go by public transportation the next morning.

Liked

Tarntawan hotel on Surawong can be cheaper than 1500, especially if you join as a member on the website and then book direct.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

At the moment it would be difficult to find a hotel in the Silom/Surawong area that isn't offering reasonable prices. For example, I paid less than 1000bht pn for my November trip to the old gay-favourite Tarntawan. Check Agoda.
    I didn't look but I suspect that even the more up-market places (like Meridien) are also "reasonable", that is compared to London.
    Remember that visitors are more welcome in some hotels rather than others- hence my satisfaction with Tarntawan, as twenty three years of stays show.

Liked

Wonderful tips you guys have given me...makes it much easier to decide so thanks to all.

Liked

I stayed at the newly opened Ibis styles on Silom...all shiny and new and excellent value. No problems that I could see with joiners at all.