I didn't have to read far until I started shaking my head. Has the author even been to Thailand, or somewhere other than Pattaya? Quotes in italic.

* Beautiful scenery: Pattaya is a gorgeous coastal city with gorgeous beaches and plenty of stunning surrounding greenery for you to enjoy. If you are a beach lover and relish ‘outdoorsy’ excursions, then you’ll find plenty to satisfy your desires in Pattaya.

Did the author get paid by number of adjectives? The scenery around Pattaya can at best be described as average. If you are looking for places the author describes, go elsewhere!

* Multicultural community: Pattaya is home to a thriving, multicultural community, giving you a unique opportunity to mix and make friends with people from all over the world!

No opinion due to lack of exposure, but others on this forums don't have nice words to say about Chinese, Russian and Indian tourists.

* Friendly people: Thailand is often affectionately referred to as “the land of smiles”, and this is large because the locals are so incredibly friendly. If you want to feel welcome and at home, Pattaya is a great place to settle.

As elsewhere in SEASia (and probably all over the world), tourist money attracts scammers. Pattaya, and other touristy areas, attract the worst of Thailand.

For me, Pattaya is nice to spend a few days every month, but not as a base for my stays in Thailand.