Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I've booked the flight!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: I've booked the flight!

omg...not to stereotype...but a hotel full of workin g class Chinese at a buffet is something to behold...like a national geographic clip....my more wordly Chinese colleagues from Shanghai would die a thousand deaths at the mere sight...

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by poshglasgow View Post
    Hi, Can you remember how much you paid?

Any problems with joiners?

Thanks
    I paid 1200 anight some are more some less just look at the webb site ,,,, dancewatches .com

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by latintopxxx View Post

omg...not to stereotype...but a hotel full of working class Chinese at a buffet is something to behold....
    Remember this video shot in Thailand?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMVjskBB4w0

They're almost as bad as the "Balloon Chasers" in Pattaya when there's a free pig roast.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthrieston View Post
    And before the pandemic there were big buses full of Chinese tourists pulling up to the Agate, so good luck trying to get anywhere near the breakfast buffet when they return!
    There is no breakfast now in Agate, and mandatory 10-day quarantine on return makes inbound tourism from China to any country almost impossible.

Before COVID I had stay in Agate and ran from there after one night because of annoying children cries from pool at day time and cries of drunk British groups at night.
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

5. 3 Users gave Like to post:

Dodger (August 2nd, 2022), Jellybean (August 2nd, 2022), poshglasgow (August 2nd, 2022)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by poshglasgow View Post
    Greetings.

I have jumped in and booked my flight - Eva Air LHR-BKK return (£603) - for late November and aim to stay for 30 days in Pattaya (return 27th December),

In the past, I have stayed at the Venue in JC, but as I am staying rather longer this time I would welcome a few pointers in respect of the following queries/ requests for advice and, in so doing, apologise if this is advice that has been liberally dispensed in the past. Please PM if more convenient.

1. I am seeking good value accommodation in the Jomtien or south Pattaya areas with good communal facilities (pool/cafe/wi-fi/laundry etc) as I intend to spend my afternoons on some writing projects. This could be either a hotel or rented apartment and would have to be 'open' to 'joiners' and very gay-friendly. I'm looking for more, on this forthcoming visit, than just a place to rest my head in the evening. Mosaik, I liked in the past for the purpose of sleeping and eh, short time adventures, but it would not suit me this time.

PG
    I hope you have a great holiday on your return, PG, I have a few comments to make on the hotel v. apartment question.

By way of background, I stayed in hotels on my early visits to Thailand, including The Agate and the Poseidon in the Jomtien Complex, which were excellent.

As the duration of my visits grew to around 30 days on average, I began to find the hotels a bit small, in terms of room size, balconies, pools etc. and decided to look into the apartment option.

On my last hotel stay, about four years ago, I booked into the Agate for five days and spent the afternoons visiting the nearby condominia. These each had agents on the ground floor who were happy to show me available rooms, discuss prices etc.

On that occasion I moved from the Agate to a studio in View Talay 7. On later visits I stayed mostly in View Talay 2 (A and B). After making the move to an apartment, I never went back to the hotel option.

For a long holiday stay of thirty days or more, I think an apartment is a better option. You get more space and comfort, a greater sense of independence and privacy, a bigger pool area for exercise and you are still within a short walk of the action at the Jomtien Complex. They are also much less expensive.

On the question of joiners, I have never experienced any problem in this regard. If a joiner accompanies me back to my condominium, the security guard never comments. If I invite a joiner to come over the security guard will take his ID and give him a visitor's pass at reception and return it when he leaves. Again, this has never presented a problem.

The apartment option is not for everyone, however I hope you will try it out for yourself on this or a future visit.

7. User who gave Like to post:

Jellybean (August 2nd, 2022)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by aot871 View Post
    I paid 1200 anight some are more some less just look at the webb site ,,,, dancewatches .com
    Thanks Aot871.

PG

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    I hope you have a great holiday on your return, PG, I have a few comments to make on the hotel v. apartment question.

By way of background, I stayed in hotels on my early visits to Thailand, including The Agate and the Poseidon in the Jomtien Complex, which were excellent.

As the duration of my visits grew to around 30 days on average, I began to find the hotels a bit small, in terms of room size, balconies, pools etc. and decided to look into the apartment option.

On my last hotel stay, about four years ago, I booked into the Agate for five days and spent the afternoons visiting the nearby condominia. These each had agents on the ground floor who were happy to show me available rooms, discuss prices etc.

On that occasion I moved from the Agate to a studio in View Talay 7. On later visits I stayed mostly in View Talay 2 (A and B). After making the move to an apartment, I never went back to the hotel option.

For a long holiday stay of thirty days or more, I think an apartment is a better option. You get more space and comfort, a greater sense of independence and privacy, a bigger pool area for exercise and you are still within a short walk of the action at the Jomtien Complex. They are also much less expensive.

On the question of joiners, I have never experienced any problem in this regard. If a joiner accompanies me back to my condominium, the security guard never comments. If I invite a joiner to come over the security guard will take his ID and give him a visitor's pass at reception and return it when he leaves. Again, this has never presented a problem.

The apartment option is not for everyone, however I hope you will try it out for yourself on this or a future visit.
    Thank you very much Kenny,

Much food for thought here.

PG