Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I've booked the flight!

Liked

Re: I've booked the flight!

Quote Originally Posted by poshglasgow View Post
    Many thanks guys: this is useful. I will take a look at Zing and Agate.
    Agree 100% about ZING but make sure yo get the right branch (the one in Jomtien NOT the one halfway down Sukhumvit road!).

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver2 View Post
    Correction, Dodger; not one but two pools, the second of which is of salt water and is preferred by both P and me.

As for the quietness, the JC was busy again last night and the show at The Venue in full swing. not a sound to be heard by us early sleepe
    I wish I had known you were at Agate at the same time as Jai and I. It would have been great to hook up for a drink.

Maybe next time.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Yes.....any plans for November?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver2 View Post

Yes.....any plans for November?
    Only to keep living in the "moment".

I'll look forward to seeing you when you return.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by aot871 View Post
    On my last 2 trips I stayed in view talay 2a , right across the road from the complex, it has all u wanted including a nice pool and poolside cafe. Nice big rooms,, mine was 41 sqm
    Hi, Can you remember how much you paid?

Any problems with joiners?

Thanks

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Patanawet View Post
    Agree 100% about ZING but make sure yo get the right branch (the one in Jomtien NOT the one halfway down Sukhumvit road!).
    Thanks Patanawet,

Yes, I did find that confusing when I was searching online. I'll be sure to contact the jomtien one. Thank you.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    Jai and I booked a hotel in Jomtien Complex for a short stay just recently just for a change in routine and we had a great time.

We stayed at Agate, which you probably know is right in the middle of Jomtien Complex, and both gave it a "thumbs up".

As Oliver has already mentioned, they are not serving breakfasts now until more customers return, but, with that one exception, we were very happy with Agate and will look no further the next time we return to the scene.

The rooms at Agate are very clean and well-appointed...friendly staff...comfy bed...very quiet at night...gay friendly...nice pool with a large stone wall/waterfall with tropical landscaping...private parking...and of course all within stumbling distance to all the boy bars, gay beach, restaurants, etc. I parked my pickup truck when we first checked-in and never needed to use it after that. For this reason I give Agate an A+.

Note: For breakfast we went to either "Delice" (a French restaurant a stones throw from Agate), or a cozy Scandinavian restaurant which sits right behind Agate on Threppraya Rd. which serves a very good breakfast. We enjoyed dinners at Yupins and Dicks Cafe' (our long-time favorites) which are both located in the Complex.

If you want to be close to the "boy action" and still enjoy "quiet times" Agate is worth considering.

Good luck, and most importantly have a great time on your holiday. It will be hard not to.
    Many thanks Dodger,

This is very helpful.

PG

8. User who gave Like to post:

Dodger (August 2nd, 2022)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

agzate...in the middle of jomtien...and u say its gay friendly...am totally gob smacked...who could have imagined???

Liked

I stayed at Agate once, and I can say that they are friendly to everyone, even to drunk straight couples with madly screaming children.

Liked

And before the pandemic there were big buses full of Chinese tourists pulling up to the Agate, so good luck trying to get anywhere near the breakfast buffet when they return!

12. User who gave Like to post:

arsenal (August 2nd, 2022)