List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: June Thailand (Pattaya) Trip Report.

Liked

June Thailand (Pattaya) Trip Report.

Unfortunately this report is about 3 weeks old already as i was so busy when I returned home end of June. Bear in mind some details may be obsolete already, but in general terms it reflects things as they were during my visit, also a bit rushed to write the post so as not to let it get more out of date than it is already, so just ask if any clarification needed. Only the Pattaya part of my trip is noted as for the very first time in over 60 visits/22 years I did not visit Bangkok at all this trip.

After 30 months since my last visit Nov 2019, I decided to take the plunge and visit at the start of June for the best part of the month, as soon as the Thailand Pass rules were relaxed. I downloaded all the necessary documents still required successfully and had absolutely no issues at any point going or returning home at airports. My flight booked in 2019 was moved numerous times but I was glad I had it in place as the prices went through the roof as soon as the Thai Pass was changed.

While not exactly desperate to get back, otherwise I would have done the hoop jumping at an earlier juncture, I was still very keen to back back and see exactly what had survived the 30 months of Covid. I returned with an open mind as I expected drastic changes to the Pattaya I previously knew as a visitor. But I was pleasantly surprised to find that, for me, little had changed to affect my enjoyment of the trip. One factor to consider for this report is that I primarily visit Thailand partly for a break from the west, to re-charge batteries and revisit my long term Thai friend with whom I have shared over 15 years of mutual benefit, always referred to as BF, but he has his own life in Issan with a shop and agricultural land to oversee on a full time basis and only leaves Issan to meet up with me on my trips and as we are together then, I am well past the offing from bars and meeting up with multiple boys from the apps on a daily basis, so some of the report might not reflect things on the ground for those visiting with boy-offing in mind. I do visit the gogo bars when open but really just to support and enjoy a visit for fun rather than taking off lads.

As far as costs were concerned, my economy flight which I bought in 2019 and upgrade after purchase was basically £600 with KLM via Amsterdam, that jumped to £1200 only a week after the Thai Pass was relaxed. My time in Pattaya was split between East Suites in Jomtien and Mosaik in Sth Pattaya. East Suites prices never really change year-on-year, so same as pre-covid, Mosaik was a little less than I had expected. Pattaya Limo who did the airport-Pattaya run was same as pre-covid Bt1300. My East Suites Executive Apartment at 70 sq m was huge and immaculate was usual, only differnec from previous trip was that the 24 hr reception was changed to daytime only with a front door key fob from about 7pm to 7am, which I found more flexible. Mosaik likewise, the room I had was my 'usual' one and exactly to the standard as previous visits. Just a note for those who know Mosaik, Nop is now the main man as Nong has decided to take a backseat and is rarely there nowadays.

So with most gogo bars still closed I wasn't that bothered. The main targets for my enjoyment/fun are the host bars, now primarily Jomtien based, Sinlapin Issan for late night fun along with walking St clubs/bars. But although it didn't affect my enjoyment of the area, it was a shock to see the South Pattaya I had previously grown accustomed to was a bit rundown. That was a big change from pre-covid and Sunee was a really sad sight to behold on the first night I made the visit there. Of the massage places around TukCom only 2 were still standing the old Area 41 opposite Amazon Coffee in TukCom which had about 4 regular lads there none I would class as twink and Somjit? directly behind TukCom who had about 8 boys with 2-3 cute lads. I think 3 of the long standing restaurants were still open, Le Buerre and 2 others, with Salt&Pepper still standing along with Bordeaux. But at night all around TukCom looked pretty depressing. Fortunately though, the main aspects of South Pattaya were still intact for us. Pattaya Beer Garden was open, busy and as good as before, Walking St venues such as The Stones House, Lucifer Live Band at front and 'disco' at rear, but Zab Issan Live music bar is no more, and Marine Disco re-opened after I left town. Soi Baukau, LK Metro and Treetown were the bustling areas when I visited, with Boyztown starting to re-awaken.

Whilst I did stay in South Pattaya for half of my trip, by far I enjoyed my longer then normal stay in Jomtien Complex area and even travelled more between South Pattaya and jomtien than usual. The new roofed area of the Complex certainly turned out as we had hoped in attracting new business with host and show bars etc so the area looks attractive and is very lively. Obviously those more interested in gogo bars for offs will be less interested in Jomtien but for me it is now the established go to area.

Apart from the resurgence of the main Jomtien Complex drag even the sois further down are very lively and busy with quite a few new small unit pop-up businesses from the main road up past Dicks and round past Agate to the main drag, selling coffees/drinks/food/snacks along with at least 3 boy massage shops with plenty of of choice in available and very keen lads. Excellent coffee in MP (Meeting Place) and Film's The Angel with coffee far superior to Starbucks in both quality and presentation. A cup of well-made strong coffee with small glass of water and a couple of small biscuits on the side presented to your table on a wooden tray for Bt55/60 versus a (sml) mug of tasteless liquid picked up at the end of Starbucks counter for Bt125. Dicks Cafe still there selling excellent food as well as Ants further up for excellent Thai food at very reasonable prices.

With regards to the often complained about Jomtien Bar hosts, in that many claim to be ignored or boys don't approach after you are seated I found not to be the case. Despite so many host bars next to each other seemingly the same, I find each has it's own particular charm. If you do want to sit alone to chill or take time to decide if you want anyone to sit with you you won't be pressured, but you won't be ignored either, just a smile or a nod is enough for an approach if you are interested. I certainly had plenty of interest when sitting alone, and even if going over to bars on the other side of the drag had approaches based on the fact I was eyeing them up when sitting opposite. I can honestly say that if I had been on the look for a lad I would easily have found a dozen or more twinks to my liking among the various bars. Yes, there were a number of 'old hands' and a few out-of-shape in the mix but there were plenty of available cute slim lads very keen to get to know you.

I did try to visit all the bars at least once. From the top entrance of the main Complex soi opposite Poseidon was ADONIS BAR ran by Yo formerly of Euro Boys in Sunee which he sold on and moved to Jomtien just at the right time before Covid. Surprisingly busy for a single unit outwith the centre of the action, certainly helped by his move to serve food as restaurant in tandem with being a bar, and attracting a good number of loyal, mostly expats as regular clientele as well as delivering food to customers at other bars. He has about 8-10 freelance boys working out of there on the same generous basis as he had at Euro Boys, boys previously working at Euro Boys along with some from Diamond Bar and around Sunee previously. As usual many clients there opting for full spirit bottle sets and it became my new Pattaya bar base. Next door is COQTAIL BAR, a nice bar, not that busy with 2-3 waiting staff one in particular very welcoming and chatty. Opposite was another former Sunee bar DOUBLE SHOT which only re-opened about a week before I was due to return home, usual shirtless man-boy waiters here as before and it looked very attractive in its new setting. Across from it is a new bar (to me) GUY GUY BAR, small one unit bar I only managed to visit once but nice staff. Further down that side of the soi past M2M SHOWBAR is the always busy 4T BAR, a big bar with regular customer base busy every night and a few welcoming lads, the waiters who served me always asked if I wanted the company of any of the available lads, but quite happy to leave you be if you indicated you wanted a bit of time decide, but the lads there always glancing your way with a smile and if given a nod very happy to sit with you.

The example of 4T was how I found virtually all the bars I visited in the Complex. Opposite was BC BAR with Cambodian lads, a bit quiet most nights I was in the Complex but chatty interested lads if you stop by for a drink. Next door the very large COCK-A-2 BAR with good pool table at back of bar most night very busy with their regular customers and friendly hosts. QM? BAR next door is another fairly big bar again with good pool table at the back elevated from the rest of the bar giving good views of the sois comings-and-goings, a bit like Diamond Bar in sunee, again plenty of interested lads here if you made it known you wanted some company. Next to there is DIVIRIUM BAR/RESTAURANT run by Winnie another of the bigger bars with 4-5 boys including a couple from the old Forest Bar in Sunee working there so if you are returning to Pattaya and used to visiting Sunee you will recognise many lads from the Sunee area which makes Jomtien a bit familiar looking. Next door is THE PALACE which despite being a one-unit sized bar managed to pack in a good few customers the times we visited, but also having Gai a favourite formerly of Ouds Bar in sunee as cashier made it a good reason to visit nightly. Next door the The Palace is or was, oddly at the time I visited a girly bar, which did host Pink Party, Pride celebrations with international DJ at the decks, but apart from party time was quiet. Opposite there is DRAGON MUSIC BAR with it's convoluted ordering 'system' which involved being invited to sit by one boy, another arrived with a menu, followed by a more senior staff member to take your order, and a simple request for house vodka/coke led to the introduction of an iPad screen with various expensively listed 'premium' vodkas, pointing to the previously requested house Gilbys and coke. and yet another coke menu regular, zero, light whatever, delivered by yet another staff member but surrounded by beautifully lit up tables and seats like the bar opposite Toy Boys in BT a few years ago.

Next down was the permanently busy, party central SUN BAR, a very large bar with long frontage on two levels, which had some party or other every night I was in Jomtien. Very busy and many lads very very keen to join. But a fun place when the music was at a decent level, loud but not ear bursting as was sometimes the case. Opposite is @HOME BAR the well known very large bar on two levels with many hosts and very popular with host Zak. Next door is the recently opened JQK BAR with energetic owner/manager. Also Kone formerly of Eden Bar in Sunee started here the day I arrived in Thailand so it was good to see many familiar faces around Jomtien on arrival.

I nearly lost this whole post when I went to 'preview post' so I'll stop it there in case I have used too many characters, and continue on a new post later. It had been auto saved and I found it when clicked 'post new thread'. Also couldn't remember how to bold the bar names to make it easier to pick out a bar, so just used capitals.

2. 25 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (July 24th, 2022), AdamKY (July 24th, 2022), Andy (July 24th, 2022), arsenal (July 24th, 2022), Asia Traveler (July 24th, 2022), aussie (July 24th, 2022), Aux1010 (July 27th, 2022), catawampuscat (July 24th, 2022), ChrisY (July 24th, 2022), Dodger (July 29th, 2022), francois (July 24th, 2022), GerBear1958 (July 26th, 2022), Jellybean (July 24th, 2022), Kenny (July 24th, 2022), kkjason (July 24th, 2022), llz (July 25th, 2022), maump (July 24th, 2022), Moses (July 27th, 2022), Ninodf1 (July 24th, 2022), Oliver2 (July 24th, 2022), poshglasgow (July 24th, 2022), riddler59 (August 8th, 2022), riverdee (July 25th, 2022), Ruthrieston (July 24th, 2022), splinter1949 (July 25th, 2022)

Liked

Re: June Thailand (Pattaya) Trip Report.

Nice well documented report...a lot of appreciated info. Thanks

4. User who gave Like to post:

GerBear1958 (July 26th, 2022)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Thanks, newalaan2. The JC bars certainly provide a welcoming environment.

More positive observations. Last night, Beach Road looked almost as busy as it did pre-Covid. I realise that the weekends attract the Bangkok crowds but nevertheless, It looks as if Pattaya may be ready for a better High Season than previously expected.
    Even the ladies of the night were out in force.

6. User who gave Like to post:

Liked

Dear Newalaan2,

Excellent write up.
    What I liked about the way you structured your Jomtien Complex report is that it coincides exactly with the official Supertown Jomtien Complex map that was prepared by:

https://www.gaysupertown.com/

In this way, I could follow what you wrote to where each bar is located in the map - which made it truly interesting.

Supertown_Jomtien_Complex_map.jpg

Again, many thanks for your report.

8. User who gave Like to post:

Forum's veteran
    Liked

...amateur sleuth....intersting

Liked

Great informative report - would be very useful for any gay potential tourist planning a visit to Pattaya. I was there 3 weeks ago but I stayed in Boystown. No mention was made of the Sunee Plaza which is really a ghost town apart from the Winner Boys Gogo. There the boys (mainly gay twinks) dance in briefs and are keen for offs, short time or long.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

What is the current closing time in Jomtien? Has it changed from midnight?

Liked

Closing time 2:00 am to the best of my knowledge; beyond my bedtime.

13. 2 Users gave Like to post:

aussie (July 28th, 2022), gerefan2 (July 28th, 2022)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I took my first look at the bars in operation last night; I was very impressed. The soi was vibrant, the lights and decor welcoming - the roof has added something- plenty of falangs and many guys trying to entice me into their bars. And probably beyond.

It has been ten plus years since Boyztown, Sunee or Soi Twilight put on a show like that. Or at least one that I've witnessed.

15. User who gave Like to post:

arsenal (July 28th, 2022)

Liked

Thanks..Keep us updated.. many Complex bars are doing well?