Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: So Pattaya in May ?

Liked

So Pattaya in May ?

So for my very 1st trip to Thailand this Year i booked October-Novembre since i want to see Ayutthaya (Since im a History lover)
    and because i cant handle hot humidity well, so BKK and Pattaya should also be Okay (i hope)

However in the long term i am looking for a Destination for the month May, since October-Novembre is for me the best time to travel to hot places like the Middle East to check Historic Sites (because the temperature is much better.)

SO is Pattaya really THAT bad with humidity in May as i read on Google/Tripadvisor ?
    I would only go for the Boys/Nightlife. Is there anything i could do to lower its effects ? (handfan or something/anything ?)

Or if your from western europe and cant handle humidity, just avoid this month all together...

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: So Pattaya in May ?

Pattaya is an all-year-round destination. Don't let the weather concern you when making a decision as to when to go. Buildings are air-conditioned now. Dress appropriately and you'll be fine.
    And treat anything you read in Trip Advisor with caution!

3. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Max6969 (July 4th, 2022), riverdee (July 12th, 2022)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Max6969 View Post
    So for my very 1st trip to Thailand this Year i booked October-Novembre since i want to see Ayutthaya (Since im a History lover)
    and because i cant handle hot humidity well, so BKK and Pattaya should also be Okay (i hope)

However in the long term i am looking for a Destination for the month May, since October-Novembre is for me the best time to travel to hot places like the Middle East to check Historic Sites (because the temperature is much better.)

SO is Pattaya really THAT bad with humidity in May as i read on Google/Tripadvisor ?
    I would only go for the Boys/Nightlife. Is there anything i could do to lower its effects ? (handfan or something/anything ?)

Or if your from western europe and cant handle humidity, just avoid this month all together...
    April-May are two hottest months in Thailand
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    April-May are two hottest months in Thailand
    And humid all the time or does it lower at night when going out ?
    I hear Pattaya has a (small) breeze of wind from the sea that helps... ?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Both-its indeed about the worst time of yr (in westerners ideas)- hot AND humid-just before the rains come and bring refreshiments. Lowest prices too-and the time when Thai kids get their ´summer´ holidays from school- for very much same reason.
    Best alternative for that time of yr for Asean tropics is IMHO INdonesia-the part thats south of equator (Java, Bali). History, monuments and willing guys too-plus its all readable and the language is very easy to learn. Cheaper as Thaild-but more primitive in many respects too (lets say ´more 3d world´)

7. User who gave Like to post:

Max6969 (July 5th, 2022)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Max6969 View Post
    And humid all the time or does it lower at night when going out ?
    I hear Pattaya has a (small) breeze of wind from the sea that helps... ?
    You will feel breeze on the beach and it helps... but in city you will feel hot air from walls and pavement, smell from sewage system... Bangkok is 10 times worst at that time than Pattaya is, but still Aprill-May isn't the best time for sure... +37C in shadow? easy...

Pattaya weather records:
    Highest Temperature 37.7 °C at 2:19 PM on 21 April 2015
    Highest Dew Point 30.6 °C at 1:45 PM on 05 May 2021
    Highest Apparent Temperature 45.6 °C at 12:19 PM on 06 May 2020
    Highest Heat Index 55.4 °C at 1:45 PM on 05 May 2021
    Highest Humidity 100 % at 8:23 PM on 24 May 2012
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Liked

I have been to pattaya in May and it is very uncomfortable. I basically stayed at my hotel and waited for nightfall before venturing out. You can be dripping sweat in 3 minutes time if you are just walking down a street to go to 7/11. Unless you really have to, I would avoid May and April like the plague.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I suppose that if you plan to wander around the city, you will become too hot. I certainly do here in London when we have our annual three weeks of hot weather. So I don't do it.
    But Pattaya? really? almost every building has a/c, there is shade, even in Second Road and miles of beaches, also with shade.

Don't discourage punters. I'll be there in a week and the fact that it is the rainy season has made no difference to my decision to go.

Anyway, having spent some time in Egypt a few years ago, Pattaya's heat seems rather tame to me. It is not that much different to the Mediterranean climate at this time of year...except wetter. And anyway. the rain comes in short, refreshing bursts.

11. User who gave Like to post:

Max6969 (July 5th, 2022)

Liked

Oliver, I do see your point about not discouraging punters but if he is from North America or a mild cool climate it could be pretty uncomfortable if you like to spend time outside. If he has few options on travel dates, then by all means go!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by pong View Post
    Both-its indeed about the worst time of yr (in westerners ideas)- hot AND humid-just before the rains come and bring refreshiments. Lowest prices too-and the time when Thai kids get their ´summer´ holidays from school- for very much same reason.
    Best alternative for that time of yr for Asean tropics is IMHO INdonesia-the part thats south of equator (Java, Bali). History, monuments and willing guys too-plus its all readable and the language is very easy to learn. Cheaper as Thaild-but more primitive in many respects too (lets say ´more 3d world´)
    I WAS thinking of Java, it does have great monuments, however with the Middle East being mostly "not Gay friendly" (i am being WAY to nice here), going to another Islamic country in the year isnt that appealing... specially to hookup with guys... im so tired of sneaking around and hiding, its 1 of the reasons im doing Thailand this year and Tokyo next year

I guess i COULD go in September instead of May, would that be better ? (i mean here in Europe its about the same temp and its High season so very expensive, but maybe Thailand isnt ? )