Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: So Pattaya in May ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: So Pattaya in May ?

Both-its indeed about the worst time of yr (in westerners ideas)- hot AND humid-just before the rains come and bring refreshiments. Lowest prices too-and the time when Thai kids get their ´summer´ holidays from school- for very much same reason.
    Best alternative for that time of yr for Asean tropics is IMHO INdonesia-the part thats south of equator (Java, Bali). History, monuments and willing guys too-plus its all readable and the language is very easy to learn. Cheaper as Thaild-but more primitive in many respects too (lets say ´more 3d world´)

2. User who gave Like to post:

Max6969 (July 5th, 2022)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by pong View Post
    Both-its indeed about the worst time of yr (in westerners ideas)- hot AND humid-just before the rains come and bring refreshiments. Lowest prices too-and the time when Thai kids get their ´summer´ holidays from school- for very much same reason.
    Best alternative for that time of yr for Asean tropics is IMHO INdonesia-the part thats south of equator (Java, Bali). History, monuments and willing guys too-plus its all readable and the language is very easy to learn. Cheaper as Thaild-but more primitive in many respects too (lets say ´more 3d world´)
    I WAS thinking of Java, it does have great monuments, however with the Middle East being mostly "not Gay friendly" (i am being WAY to nice here), going to another Islamic country in the year isnt that appealing... specially to hookup with guys... im so tired of sneaking around and hiding, its 1 of the reasons im doing Thailand this year and Tokyo next year

I guess i COULD go in September instead of May, would that be better ? (i mean here in Europe its about the same temp and its High season so very expensive, but maybe Thailand isnt ? )

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by pong View Post
    time when Thai kids get their ´summer´ holidays from school- for very much same reason.
    Well i do like to avoid crowded schoolholiday seasons.
    But i just checked the "School- Public Holidays in Thailand" and Summer Break starts in June, not May (Unless the info is incorrect?)
    Is it busy in May ?