Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: So Pattaya in May ?

Liked

Re: So Pattaya in May ?

Quote Originally Posted by davidmelba View Post
    Oliver, I do see your point about not discouraging punters but if he is from North America or a mild cool climate it could be pretty uncomfortable if you like to spend time outside. If he has few options on travel dates, then by all means go!
    True, im from Western Europe so.....
    would September be better or not really ?
    ( normally i travel in March / May / September / November , however March and November are lower prices for European citytrips and Middle east has better temperature. I hate May and September its so difficult to find places that are not hot and low on hordes of tourists. FYI the only reason i travel 4 times a year is Because i look for low seasons or i would never be able to afford it )

I guess September or May would be my only options.... which is better ?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

September is the wet season. Some very, very heavy rain and usually flooding in Pattaya.
    Look here under Rainfall... http://www.pattayaweather.net/Pattaya-Records.html

Liked

So would September be bettter ?
    I would just go for Pattaya and the nightlife.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    September is the wet season. Some very, very heavy rain and usually flooding in Pattaya.
    Look here under Rainfall... http://www.pattayaweather.net/Pattaya-Records.html
    So May hot and humid, September rainy season.
    But is September only rain or also hot and humid combo ?
    Cause if its only rain i guess september is the least bad of the 2

Liked

To be perfectly honest it is a tough choice to make because both months are right not really ideal at all. November December January February are the best by far. I have never been able to go on those preferred months and even though it is uncomfortable you will still enjoy your holiday whichever month you choose.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Max6969 View Post
    So would September be bettter ?
    I would just go for Pattaya and the nightlife.
    In September it will be like +28|+32 С degree at day time and about +25|+27 С degree at night. If you are OK with rains what usually are very intensive but short (30-60 min), then you'll be OK. Sky will be mostly cloudy.

For me September in Pattaya is for sure better than April-May.
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Liked

So for my very 1st trip to Thailand this Year i booked October-Novembre since i want to see Ayutthaya (Since im a History lover)
    and because i cant handle hot humidity well, so BKK and Pattaya should also be Okay (i hope)

However in the long term i am looking for a Destination for the month May, since October-Novembre is for me the best time to travel to hot places like the Middle East to check Historic Sites (because the temperature is much better.)

SO is Pattaya really THAT bad with humidity in May as i read on Google/Tripadvisor ?
    I would only go for the Boys/Nightlife. Is there anything i could do to lower its effects ? (handfan or something/anything ?)

Or if your from western europe and cant handle humidity, just avoid this month all together...
    you probably already looked...
    https://weather-and-climate.com/aver...ttaya,Thailand

if you just want hot men and not hot temperature. try Medellin or Bogota in may. food isn't great, not as safe, but the men are very good.

Liked

So May hot and humid, September rainy season.
    But is September only rain or also hot and humid combo ?
    officially Thailand has three seasons - cool, hot, rainy

most foreigners recognise these three seasons as hot, fuckin hot. and fuckin hot and wet

thirty years of living in Bangkok and regular trips to Pattaya at any time of the year has shown me that there are plenty of options to help deal with the heat and rain at any time of the year, even in Pattaya! air-conditioning is a wonderful thing in hotels, malls, restaurants and taxis (I never use Baht buses or tuk-tuks) - even the open-air bar beers in Jomtien Complex usually have sufficient fans (as well as "fans"), and an afternoon nap avoids the worst of the rain in the rainy season!
    I can’t even be bothered to be apathetic these days!

9. 3 Users gave Like to post:

Max6969 (July 5th, 2022), Oliver2 (July 5th, 2022), Ruthrieston (July 6th, 2022)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I'm interested to note the interest this topic has aroused. The weather has never been an issue for me during the seventy-five visits I've made. I don't mind the odd rainstorm, even a day of flooding (up to a foot of water in Boyztown we once experienced), nor the days when it is dull and close, nor when the sun is blazing. And as bkkguy points out, a/c is ubiquitous.

There has been one exception to this; a September week in Krabi. We knew we were taking a chance....and it rained everyday. But Krabi is a beach location; if you aren't on the beach or on boat trips, there's not much to do. And so we were stuck in our hotel.

But Pattaya? no problem for me. And I'm someone who moans about hot weather in London.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver2 View Post
    I'm interested to note the interest this topic has aroused. The weather has never been an issue for me during the seventy-five visits I've made. I don't mind the odd rainstorm, even a day of flooding (up to a foot of water in Boyztown we once experienced), nor the days when it is dull and close, nor when the sun is blazing. And as bkkguy points out, a/c is ubiquitous.

There has been one exception to this; a September week in Krabi. We knew we were taking a chance....and it rained everyday. But Krabi is a beach location; if you aren't on the beach or on boat trips, there's not much to do. And so we were stuck in our hotel.

But Pattaya? no problem for me. And I'm someone who moans about hot weather in London.

Well im surprised to, i just dont want to sit in Pattaya looking for a guy when im soaking wet from the humidity
    Even i would not be intrested for any amount of fee.

Belgium also gets humid now and because of that i just want to make sure i dont pick the "worst humid time" to go.
    Dessert heat i can handle,
    rain no problem,
    but humidity.... well i aint a pretty picture

But i think September would be my better option, not like it rains ALL day and an umbrella me has