Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: So Pattaya in May ?

Liked

Re: So Pattaya in May ?

Max, most any body adjusts to Thailand's humidity. Three things come to mind: 1. factor in 24-48 hours after arrival to physically adjust to the time, flight fatigue and general travel stress. You never hit the ground running. 2. hydrate -- have a water bottle with you anytime outside your hotel. 3. Bring only tested footwear -- no new shoes for your trip.

2. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Josan (July 9th, 2022), Max6969 (July 9th, 2022)

Liked

Hydrate, but no need to lug large amount of water around. Water and a variety of hot and cold drinks are available for modest prices in every 7-11 and Family Mart, which you will find on almost every street corner in urban Thailand.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by litefoot2 View Post
    Max, most any body adjusts to Thailand's humidity. Three things come to mind: 1. factor in 24-48 hours after arrival to physically adjust to the time, flight fatigue and general travel stress. You never hit the ground running. 2. hydrate -- have a water bottle with you anytime outside your hotel. 3. Bring only tested footwear -- no new shoes for your trip.
    One other thing: clothing should be all cotton as far as possible. Forgo high polyester content.

Liked

Not all polyester is the same. Modern "technical" fabrics are mostly synthetic, and designed for extreme weather.

Looking at one of my Rohan shirts, it's 57% polyamide, 43% polyester, feels like cotton but wicks the moisture away so it doesn't develop sodden sweat patches.
    It can be washed in the shower, drip-dried within a few hours and doesn't need ironing.

6. User who gave Like to post:

francois (July 12th, 2022)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by thaiophilus View Post
    Not all polyester is the same. Modern "technical" fabrics are mostly synthetic, and designed for extreme weather.

Looking at one of my Rohan shirts, it's 57% polyamide, 43% polyester, feels like cotton but wicks the moisture away so it doesn't develop sodden sweat patches.
    It can be washed in the shower, drip-dried within a few hours and doesn't need ironing.
    Thanks for the footnotes. I've found cotton always reliable but will be experimenting with Polyamide when I visit in August.

I've always experienced standard polyester as itchy/sticky in any warmer climate.

Liked

You can't beat linen.

9. 2 Users gave Like to post:

litefoot2 (July 12th, 2022), Ruthrieston (July 13th, 2022)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by pong View Post
    time when Thai kids get their ´summer´ holidays from school- for very much same reason.
    Well i do like to avoid crowded schoolholiday seasons.
    But i just checked the "School- Public Holidays in Thailand" and Summer Break starts in June, not May (Unless the info is incorrect?)
    Is it busy in May ?

Liked

As has been said before , stay away in April may and June

Liked

I have been to Pattaya at songkran in April for 16 of the last 20 years

Can't recommend it highly enough!

13. 2 Users gave Like to post:

aussie (August 21st, 2022), Dodger (August 21st, 2022)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Pattaya was hot when I was there recently. So what? It wasn't as hot as London last week where, unlike in Pattaya, I had to sleep without a/c. Or try to.

In the mornings we swam in the hotel pools and then visited one of the malls for lunch- they are all air-conditioned- and relaxed in the afternoon and enjoyed ourselves.
    In the evening, it was cooler and we went again for dinner. In air-conditioned restaurants.

At no stage was the heat a problem. A wet, cool morning was but that's another story.

I wish I were still there. Whatever the weather.

15. User who gave Like to post:

arsenal (August 21st, 2022)