List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best dating apps, and cruising areas these days?

Liked

Re: Best dating apps, and cruising areas these days?

When in Saigon, I was thinking of staying somewhere outside the tourist area, maybe either Tan Dinh or District 10, in order to get a more authentic Vietnamese experience.

Would I be a bit far away from the action, though? Is the Gay scene more or less centred around Phạm Ngũ Lão area, or is it well dispersed?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by extronaut View Post
    When in Saigon, I was thinking of staying somewhere outside the tourist area, maybe either Tan Dinh or District 10, in order to get a more authentic Vietnamese experience.

Would I be a bit far away from the action, though? Is the Gay scene more or less centred around Phạm Ngũ Lão area, or is it well dispersed?
    Most of the gay venues are around District 1, thought there is nothing in Saigon that's similar to Silom in Bangkok.
    It depends on how long are you staying in Saigon for. if you 're staying for 2 weeks or longer, I would spend 1 week in District 1 and the other week in a neighborhood further away from the center, so you can experience both words.

If you're just staying for a week or so, then it depends what you want to get from the gay scene. if you just want to hang out, drink and enjoy the crowd then you can stay in district 10 and get a Grab to/from D.1. it's usually pretty cheap. However, if you also plan to go back at your place together with a local guy picked up in gay bar, then some of the guys might back off knowing there is a 30 minutes or ore drive involved, unless you let them spend the night at your place.

Not staying in the city center might be even a winning strategy when it comes to scoring guys through apps.
    As most of the foreigners stay in district 1, you will attract more attention from the guys around, whereas if you have stayed in the center you would have to compete with a much higher number of foreigners for the same Viet twinks.

Liked

[QUOTE=infoarmor;291558] I mostly used Grindr and Hornet and in both the number of guys in Saigon was quite good, even by having a 18-25 age filter.
    Hi , what about communication with the boys on the app , are they ok in English?

Liked

[QUOTE=oio999;291812]
    Quote Originally Posted by infoarmor View Post
    I mostly used Grindr and Hornet and in both the number of guys in Saigon was quite good, even by having a 18-25 age filter.
    Hi , what about communication with the boys on the app , are they ok in English?
    Yeah, most of the guys I have met in HCMC have good English.
    There were a few who couldn't speak much when I met them, so I realized they had used Google Translate when chatting with me on the app.
    However, I had already gone through all the details in the app, so the encounters were still pretty good and sometimes preferable , as you don't have to go through that chit-chat after the act, that sometimes can turn awkward,.
    Vietnamese guys in general tend not be clingy, unless they want to spend the night at your place.

Liked

Thanks for the information infoarmor, I’ve used apps like Grindr, Romeo, Hornet in Bali and Manila, they are quite good, in Bali hooked up a lots of local guys using Grindr. In Manila Romeo is the one worked for me, Hornet just so so , no success rate for me though, looking forward to have fun in HCMC Have heard about Blue but never used it , friends said they have some soft of security issues with the app, so not bothered using it .

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by oio999 View Post
    Thanks for the information infoarmor, I’ve used apps like Grindr, Romeo, Hornet in Bali and Manila, they are quite good, in Bali hooked up a lots of local guys using Grindr. In Manila Romeo is the one worked for me, Hornet just so so , no success rate for me though, looking forward to have fun in HCMC Have heard about Blue but never used it , friends said they have some soft of security issues with the app, so not bothered using it .
    I was in Manila two months ago. Didn't get anything on Hornet, but plenty of action on Grindr. Thought of using Romeo as I've heard fro some of my Filipino friends that they use it, but I got lazy.
    Blued has a lot of functionalities but it's a pretty heavy app and can get a bit clunky especially if you use the free version.
    Nonetheless, both Hornet and Blued are much popular in Vietnam and Thailand than they are in the PH, so I would give them a try if I were you.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

My own exp in Saigon is so old that its probably all changed by now. The park close by to the bekpek/budget touristy area PhamNgu Lao (or so) had many interesting guys later in the evening-but NOT what one would say ´cruising´.
    Have in general had pretty bad exp. with about all VN guys working in BKK (my favorite haunt) so I decided after a few to pass them by.
    From a very recent find-via other site: massage shop promising ´more´: zspa.com.vn. 1 hr msg in basic room quoted @ about 11US$. Tip comes extra-and this was the 1st time I read such a thing: has to be paid to your guy at reception and will be noted in the big book there!
    (IN general-in the poorer ASEAN countries, like VN still is, as Camb or Laos), the usual tip for ´everything´ (for those in the know/locally settled) is like 20-25US$, rounded to a neat figure in local money. TH is notably above that, Indonesia a little below, Burma a lot. Now just try to get that in VN that is so extremely bisnis oriented.
    When perusing this forum a few hrs ago I saw that Colombia is also on that range.

Liked

Right now Blued is for sure #1. In Hoi An, Da Nang, Hue, Saigon I see more 50 boys around within 1 km and app buzz every 5 min...

IMG_20230120_093722_071.jpg
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

9. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (January 28th, 2023)

Liked

Yes I would agree - I got 95% of my hookups from BLUED when I was in Vietnam in 2019 / 2020.
    It was the number ONE hookup app.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Happy New Yr then-they must all be hoping today (TET!) for that big red envelope with brand new big bills in it...........
    Whereas here in BKK about half of all people walk proudly with their new red shirts-or those qutish skirts for the little ones.