List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best dating apps, and cruising areas these days?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Liked

Best dating apps, and cruising areas these days?

Going back to Vietnam, finally, this October. Last time I was there was '19.

Have 3 weeks to spend. Was thinking at least a week in tp hcm. Maybe a few days in Hanoi. Not sure where else I should go yet, any suggestions welcome.

Liked

Re: Best dating apps, and cruising areas these days?

Quote Originally Posted by extronaut View Post

Have 3 weeks to spend. Was thinking at least a week in tp hcm. Maybe a few days in Hanoi. Not sure where else I should go yet, any suggestions welcome.
    HCMC has the highest number of guys and definitely the wildest. Hanoi should still be a lot of fun. I would suggest Da Nang. The beach is nice, there are plenty of guys and you can even do a day trip to Hue, the ancient capital from there. October should still be a good month to go, as later on it starts to get rainy and kinda cold, especially in the North.

3. 2 Users gave Like to post:

extronaut (July 6th, 2022), Moses (July 6th, 2022)

Liked

+1 for Da Nang. There are huge amusement park and great hot spring resorts on the hills, in 30 min by taxi from Da Nang. I spend week in Da Nang and it was amazing time. By the way: don't miss to spend late evening time in rooftop bars on the first line of hotels with ocean view.
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Liked

Thanks Moses. It's Da Nang any good for cruising though?

Liked

Thanks Moses. It's Da Nang any good for cruising though?
    I had a lot of offers in Blued there, but I was there with husband after 3 months of separate living, so I wasn't interested in them. In clubs some guys tried to hook up with us also...
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Liked

It seems like nobody is answering the original question: cruising spots in HCM. Any suggestion about massage places with happy endings?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by shayne View Post
    It seems like nobody is answering the original question: cruising spots in HCM. Any suggestion about massage places with happy endings?
    "Original question" is about Hanoi. Answer: apps working much better than cruising, so cruising is died.

In HCM you should visit Adam (Nadam) spa - it is place for happy ending and for cruising.

9. User who gave Like to post:

shayne (July 13th, 2022)

Liked

When in Saigon, I was thinking of staying somewhere outside the tourist area, maybe either Tan Dinh or District 10, in order to get a more authentic Vietnamese experience.

Would I be a bit far away from the action, though? Is the Gay scene more or less centred around Phạm Ngũ Lão area, or is it well dispersed?

Liked

When in Saigon, I was thinking of staying somewhere outside the tourist area, maybe either Tan Dinh or District 10, in order to get a more authentic Vietnamese experience.

Would I be a bit far away from the action, though? Is the Gay scene more or less centred around Phạm Ngũ Lão area, or is it well dispersed?
    Most of the gay venues are around District 1, thought there is nothing in Saigon that's similar to Silom in Bangkok.
    It depends on how long are you staying in Saigon for. if you 're staying for 2 weeks or longer, I would spend 1 week in District 1 and the other week in a neighborhood further away from the center, so you can experience both words.

If you're just staying for a week or so, then it depends what you want to get from the gay scene. if you just want to hang out, drink and enjoy the crowd then you can stay in district 10 and get a Grab to/from D.1. it's usually pretty cheap. However, if you also plan to go back at your place together with a local guy picked up in gay bar, then some of the guys might back off knowing there is a 30 minutes or ore drive involved, unless you let them spend the night at your place.

Not staying in the city center might be even a winning strategy when it comes to scoring guys through apps.
    As most of the foreigners stay in district 1, you will attract more attention from the guys around, whereas if you have stayed in the center you would have to compete with a much higher number of foreigners for the same Viet twinks.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

My own exp in Saigon is so old that its probably all changed by now. The park close by to the bekpek/budget touristy area PhamNgu Lao (or so) had many interesting guys later in the evening-but NOT what one would say ´cruising´.
    Have in general had pretty bad exp. with about all VN guys working in BKK (my favorite haunt) so I decided after a few to pass them by.
    From a very recent find-via other site: massage shop promising ´more´: zspa.com.vn. 1 hr msg in basic room quoted @ about 11US$. Tip comes extra-and this was the 1st time I read such a thing: has to be paid to your guy at reception and will be noted in the big book there!
    (IN general-in the poorer ASEAN countries, like VN still is, as Camb or Laos), the usual tip for ´everything´ (for those in the know/locally settled) is like 20-25US$, rounded to a neat figure in local money. TH is notably above that, Indonesia a little below, Burma a lot. Now just try to get that in VN that is so extremely bisnis oriented.
    When perusing this forum a few hrs ago I saw that Colombia is also on that range.