Quote Originally Posted by Oliver2 View Post
Like Dodger, I used to enjoy a couple of days in BKK....but that was when Babylon was open. The real holiday started on my arrival in Pattaya.

I have a theory about the differences between the guys in BKK and those in Pattaya. I've aired it before elsewhere....but here goes.

Gay visitors to a seaside resort like Pattaya are more likely to stay for longer periods than those visiting a city/ business centre like BKK. And yes, I know there are plenty of exceptions.

This means that many of the Pattaya guys are hopeful for a long-term off, a holiday partner with holiday pay, while the BKK ones are more likely to be looking for one-nighters. In my view, this increases the chances for more quality hook-ups.

Secondly, the Pattaya guys often live together or close together. Some are old friends from the provinces. BKK is huge and so many of the guys live a long-distances from Silom. In other words, the Pattaya guys are mates, the BKK ones more likely to be just work-mates. This results in a friendlier atmosphere in the bars...more joshing, teasing, playfulness.

I love the vibrancy of BKK but I'm more relaxed and at ease in Pattaya.

In my view, anyway. And I appreciate that BKK has its advocates, particularly those preferring muscle guys, who are more plentiful there.
So for who like the twink, "unprofessional" type of boys Pattaya is a better choice.