List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Where to go Bangkok / Pattaya 1st time ?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Where to go Bangkok / Pattaya 1st time ?

Quote Originally Posted by Max6969 View Post
    So is my Hotel location good or better closer to Jomtien ? If Jomtien has so much to offer
    I have always stayed close to BT and Sunee Plaza. Since 2004.

However for my next trip, in a few weeks time, I’m staying in Jomtien Complex!

Liked

So is my Hotel location good or better closer to Jomtien ? If Jomtien has so much to offer
    Closer to Jomtien and BT and Sunee would be better. At the moment you're at least 1.5 km/1 mile from all the action

Liked

They have several hotels right inside the complex.. None of them are 5 star but not bad

Liked

Your hotel is not close to Jomtien Complex.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Plenty of accommodation in the Complex. A newbie would benefit from staying in a gay hotel, or at least one where the gay clientele is visible.

6. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Dodger (June 30th, 2022), francois (June 30th, 2022)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver2 View Post
    Plenty of accommodation in the Complex. A newbie would benefit from staying in a gay hotel, or at least one where the gay clientele is visible.
    I stayed at the Agate in the complex. Booked thru Agoda. Very nice, no problem with boys, decent breakfast (2016)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post
    All bars have off fees.
    they didn't bill me in slow season 2016. The men were freelance as far as I knew. things change or I am losing my mind?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by maump View Post
    they didn't bill me in slow season 2016. The men were freelance as far as I knew. things change or I am losing my mind?
    You were very lucky as I never heard of any free barfines. Usually if a freelance is working out of a bar you still pay the bar in addition to the boy.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Depends on the bar. A very few-no idea if these still operate, or if yes on the old method, indeed did not charge off-fees as all guys were freelances-this also means there is no method to keep them attached to that bar. They may just butterfly around to see where there are prospects (maybe you......)-or not. or it might not have been a ´gay´ bar at all, it was just an incidental hit/meet.
    It is always possible to avoid the fee by making an arrangement with mister B to come later to your hotel-with the odd chance that someone else might hire him in between. But with all the apps etc I think it all gets superfluous soon.
    Really-I keep on wondering why so many seem to think it is all running on prescribed military ways-nothing works like that anywhere In Thailand. Which also means you cannot really rely on --yesterday it was there this, so today it is here?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by maump View Post
    I stayed at the Agate in the complex. Booked thru Agoda. Very nice, no problem with boys, decent breakfast (2016)
    Yes, The Agate is excellent. But don't book through Agoda; email the hotel and you will get a vastly better price. I've just booked a November visit at 1200 pn...no breakfasts yet, though. My previous visit, pre-Covid, cost 2000bht.