List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where to go Bangkok / Pattaya 1st time ?

Liked

Where to go Bangkok / Pattaya 1st time ?

So my 1st trip to Thailand...
    Going in October-November, however since i only have 5 nights in Bangkok and 6 nights in Pattaya, can you give me some
    tips where to go for the nightlife (Bars and GoGo) ? (since my time to explore is limited)

My hotel in Bangkok is at "Silom" and in Pattaya near "Central Pattaya Esplanade" so i think im nearby the action.

I do prefer Cute guys but not feminine in action if possible.
    I know every place has different offers, so if you guys can give me tips, would be great.

Thanks.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Where to go Bangkok / Pattaya 1st time ?

If you are staying near Central Pattaya Esplanade you are a little way from Boyztown. I measured it as 1.4 km or 0.8 mile. . Sunee Plaza is a further 1/4 of a mile.

Boyztown is on the baht bus route along Beach Road going to BT and along Pattaya 2nd Road on your return journey. Both streets are one way.

If you want to visit Jomtien Complex (the new centre of gay life) you can catch a baht bus at the cross roads opposite BT. If leaving from your hotel you may have to change at the same cross roads. It is about 3 km and a 10 minute journey.

Regards bars:

Boyztown, and the next Street, has 4 Gogo bars. Toyboys used to have plenty of twinks. It has only just reopened though.
    In addition to the 4 Gogo bars there are three regular bars and a show bar. The area is nothing like it used to be.

Sunee Plaza has 2 Gogo bars and two three regular bars. It’s rather dead nowadays but Winner Gogo bar has twinks and is highly though of.

Jomtien Complex, on the other hand, has no less than 25 to 30 bars, numerous restaurants and quite a few massage places. To everyone’s exasperation there are no Gogo bars! Not allowed.

I will leave BKK to someone more experience to answer.

3. User who gave Like to post:

Max6969 (June 27th, 2022)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    Jomtien Complex, on the other hand, has no less than 25 to 30 bars, numerous restaurants and quite a few massage places. To everyone’s exasperation there are no Gogo bars! Not allowed.
    Thanks for the info,
    So if there are no GoGo at Jomtien, are there boys working at the bars who you can make an arrangement with and pay a fee at the bar or are they just dancers and staff ?

Or is it all freelancers at Jomtien ? (Personally i prefer official instead of freelancers, since im not that good at negotiations, so if its just freelancers then i guess Jomtien is not my thing...)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I would say most of the available boys in Jomtien are employed by the bars. Usual off fees apply.
    There are, of course, freelancers too.

If you are into massage places there are 3 or 4 and plenty of guys working in them.

There is only one massage place in Boyztown, none in Sunne Plaza, but a few near
    Tukcom which is not far from Sunee.

Don’t miss out on Jomtien...whatever you do!

6. User who gave Like to post:

Max6969 (June 28th, 2022)

Liked

Nice, so basically Bar or GoGo Bar both have boys you can ask to your room for off fees ? noted thanks (Dont want to approach staff at a bar and finding out they dont do it and feeling akward. Thank you)

So at Jomtien any bar recomendations or mostly Twinks there in general ?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Max6969 View Post
    Nice, so basically Bar or GoGo Bar both have boys you can ask to your room for off fees ? noted thanks (Dont want to approach staff at a bar and finding out they dont do it and feeling akward. Thank you)
    Anyone working in a gay bar in Pattaya is offable.... Fact!

9. User who gave Like to post:

Max6969 (June 28th, 2022)

Liked

So at Jomtien any bar recomendations or mostly Twinks there in general ?[/QUOTE]

I was there in March. It is really easy, walk along the street and keep your eyes moving. You will spot one standing or sitting besides the business. If you like him, smile say hi and do what cones naturally. There is really nothing complicated about it. Relax

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Max6969 View Post

So at Jomtien any bar recommendations or mostly Twinks there in general ?
    I haven't been to Jomtien in 5 years,. but then, you walk down the street, lots of boys at the bars (there is often seating in the street) they will say hi and try to invite you in for a drink. If you see a boy or a bar with mostly your type go in and take a seat, any boy will be happy to sit with you if you buy him a drink (he gets a cut). Ask a server (they didn't have a "mamason" when I was there), he will tell you details about the boys and round one up for you. you can "talk". If you like him, take him back. if not a small tip and try another.

When I was there, there was no off fee for beer bar boys. I thought they were all "free lance" work for tips and a cut of the drinks. Maybe that has changed?

Check out some of the Pictures/ You Tube videos to see what it is like.

Can any of the members point him at a how to?

Liked

All bars have off fees.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    If you are staying near Central Pattaya Esplanade you are a little way from Boyztown.

So is my Hotel location good or better closer to Jomtien ? If Jomtien has so much to offer