Quick navigation:
List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 29

Thread: Hotel Etiquette (1st time traveller)

  1. #1
    Junior member
    Join Date
    Jun 2022
    Posts
    23
    Liked
    4

    Smile Hotel Etiquette (1st time traveller)

    So im gearing up for my 1st time trip to Bangkok/Pattaya. (Newbie )
    I have travelled before, however mostly to places in the Middle East, so bringing someone to your Hotel(room) there was a big No-No.

    So im curious, if i meet a guy say in Pattaya and take him to My Hotel (instead of a Love Hotel, i hear they are probably safer but anyway) what can i expect ?
    Does the Hotelstaff ask questions ?
    Do you need to take a 2pers room instead of your single room with double bed (if he stays all night) ?
    Any difficulties ?

    Also what are some common rates for short time and long time with a boy ?

    Thank You


  2. 2 Users gave Like to post:

    GerBear1958 (July 27th, 2022), Lovechef (July 17th, 2022)

  3. #2
    Senior member Mancs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    461
    Liked
    144

    Re: Hotel Etiquette (1st time traveller)

    The hotel staff see it every 5 minutes. They do not ask questions but they often want the man's id to hold while he is there. I always book a room for 2 people. In Bangkok ST 2000, LT 3000 bt would be normalish. Cheaper in Pattaya. Do not believe Mamasans on prices. Haggling on the apps is fine.

  4. 3 Users gave Like to post:

    GerBear1958 (July 27th, 2022), Lovechef (July 17th, 2022), Max6969 (June 27th, 2022)

  5. #3
    Forum's veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    1,080
    Liked
    1117

    Re: Hotel Etiquette (1st time traveller)

    Are there "single" rooms available in Thailand? I don't think I've ever come across one.

    Following Mancs's advice, I'd add two points. Firstly, the most expensive 5* hotels may require a joiner' s fee. Secondly, holding a visitor's ID card is a good thing, providing you with security...and is particularly helpful for a newbie.
    Gay hotels in Pattaya always did (do?) this, phoning when the visitor left to ensure all was well. It also enables reception to check that the guy is not under-age. This may be an issue if you use apps.

  6. 3 Users gave Like to post:

    arsenal (June 27th, 2022), GerBear1958 (July 27th, 2022), Max6969 (June 27th, 2022)

  7. #4
    Junior member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    34
    Liked
    16

    Re: Hotel Etiquette (1st time traveller)

    Speaking of dating apps...which one do you think is most popular for us farangs to use in Pattaya? I'm not looking for long term finds just a nice afternoon or evening with one sexy young guy.
    Last edited by a447; June 28th, 2022 at 16:49. Reason: word substituted to prevent any misunderstanding.

  8. User who gave Like to post:

    GerBear1958 (July 27th, 2022)

  9. #5
    Junior member
    Join Date
    Jun 2022
    Posts
    23
    Liked
    4

    Re: Hotel Etiquette (1st time traveller)

    Quote Originally Posted by Oliver2 View Post
    Are there "single" rooms available in Thailand? I don't think I've ever come across one.

    Following Mancs's advice, I'd add two points. Firstly, the most expensive 5* hotels may require a joiner' s fee. Secondly, holding a visitor's ID card is a good thing, providing you with security...and is particularly helpful for a newbie.
    Gay hotels in Pattaya always did (do?) this, phoning when the visitor left to ensure all was well. It also enables reception to check that the guy is not under-age. This may be an issue if you use apps.
    Sounds good and safe with the ID and phoning.
    So why do most people say its better to book a different Hotel for the night ?
    I mean if you have everything locked in a safe or suitcase with double lock for example... are there other "risks" taking them to your Hotelroom ? besides theft i mean

  10. User who gave Like to post:

    GerBear1958 (July 27th, 2022)

  11. #6
    Forum's veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,662
    Liked
    1505

    Re: Hotel Etiquette (1st time traveller)

    Quote Originally Posted by Max6969 View Post
    So why do most people say its better to book a different Hotel for the night ?
    n
    I’m not sure that’s right at all. I would say 99% of people use their own hotel!

  12. 2 Users gave Like to post:

    GerBear1958 (July 27th, 2022), Max6969 (June 28th, 2022)

  13. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Pennsylvania USA
    Posts
    104
    Liked
    57

    Re: Hotel Etiquette (1st time traveller)

    Quote Originally Posted by Max6969 View Post
    So im gearing up for my 1st time trip to Bangkok/Pattaya. (Newbie )
    I have travelled before, however mostly to places in the Middle East, so bringing someone to your Hotel(room) there was a big No-No.
    A little off topic, Spent a year in Dubai/Abu Dhabi and at least there no one batts an eye at 2 men in a room or bringing a guest. The help is often Filipino and some are available. (I had multiple Filipinos there, one was a Hotel security guard). Even when I entered a hotel with an Emirati citizen no one cared. I was surprised at this. 3 men for every women there.

    AND in 2022 they made it legal for unmarried Male/Female to occupy the same room. (not that that was enforced anymore than the Gay imprisonment law)

  14. 2 Users gave Like to post:

    GerBear1958 (July 27th, 2022), Max6969 (June 28th, 2022)

  15. #8
    Moderator christianpfc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    4,227
    Liked
    1318

    Re: Hotel Etiquette (1st time traveller)

    Quote Originally Posted by Max6969 View Post
    So why do most people say its better to book a different Hotel for the night ?
    Who says so? I know only one person who likes to change rooms just to get a change. I change hotel rooms only for two reasons: I'm not fully happy with the place and will come back to the same city/town, so I try to find somewhere that suits me better. When I meet many (one or more every day) boys for free, I change hotel every two or three nights before staff starts to talk about me (or rather say something to the boy). This won't be an issue in Pattaya, as neither staff nor your new friend will care how many else you had in your room.

  16. 2 Users gave Like to post:

    GerBear1958 (July 27th, 2022), mr giggles (June 28th, 2022)

  17. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Posts
    52
    Liked
    19

    Re: Hotel Etiquette (1st time traveller)

    Quote Originally Posted by davidmelba View Post
    Speaking of dating apps...which one do you think is most popular for us farangs to use in Pattaya? I'm not looking for long term finds just a nice afternoon or evening with one sexy young man.
    Grindr and probably Blued. Have heard it's quite popular with mbs.
    Last edited by christianpfc; June 28th, 2022 at 22:08.

  18. User who gave Like to post:

    GerBear1958 (July 27th, 2022)

  19. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Posts
    52
    Liked
    19

    Re: Hotel Etiquette (1st time traveller)

    Quote Originally Posted by maump View Post
    A little off topic, Spent a year in Dubai/Abu Dhabi and at least there no one batts an eye at 2 men in a room or bringing a guest. The help is often Filipino and some are available. (I had multiple Filipinos there, one was a Hotel security guard). Even when I entered a hotel with an Emirati citizen no one cared. I was surprised at this. 3 men for every women there.

    AND in 2022 they made it legal for unmarried Male/Female to occupy the same room. (not that that was enforced anymore than the Gay imprisonment law)
    Same here. Always had at least a filipino on each visit to Dubai and Doha. I even brought guys over to Brunei, a place where technically there is sharia law and homosexuality is punished by death. The guy told me that it never get enforced.

  20. 2 Users gave Like to post:

    GerBear1958 (July 27th, 2022), Max6969 (June 28th, 2022)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Sawatdee Network is the set of websites for (and about) gay community of Thailand, travelers and tourists in Thailand and in South East Asia.
Please visit us at:
2004-2017 © Sawatdee Gay Thailand - Sawatdee Network