Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2nd Covid booster query

Liked

2nd Covid booster query

I started out with 2 free Astra Zeneca jabs … both at Royal Garden shopping mall … got my 1st booster at Bangkok Hospital Pattaya's (BHP) partner Jomtien Hospital for 1650 baht.

The calendar tells me it is time for booster #2 … this time I plan to opt for Pfizer … I was told by a doctor at BHP that they are only jabbing Moderna these days … for 1650 baht.

Does anybody here have guidance as to where and the most trouble-free way to get a Pfizer booster in Pattaya? Thanks.

Liked

Re: 2nd Covid booster query

I've had 2 jabs of Pfizer here in the UK. but when I went to get my booster , I was given moderna, but of course I wasn't paying unlike thailand.

Liked

Same here in Ireland. Moderna is being used for all 4th round vaccines

I wonder is there some science behind it other than there being a surplus of moderna!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

My second booster here in the UK was, like all my other vaccs, Pfizer.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by jvt22222 View Post
    Does anybody here have guidance as to where and the most trouble-free way to get a Pfizer booster in Pattaya? Thanks.
    A free Pfizer booster is currently available at Royal Garden Plaza after 11.00am on Thursday or Friday each week.

6. User who gave Like to post:

catawampuscat (June 27th, 2022)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I just received my second booster at BHP Jomtien Branch and was in-and-out in 45 minutes.

They are accepting walk-ins for Moderna only and have reduced the price from 1,600 THB (my first booster) to 1,200 THB.

I know they are offering free boosters at Royal Garden but I hate lines.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    I know they are offering free boosters at Royal Garden but I hate lines.
    My friend had his booster at Royal Garden last week. He was there at 11.30am and out in 35 minutes including the 15 minute rest time.

Another friend had a free Moderna at Banglamung Hospital in Naklua last week. He had the choice of Moderna or Pfizer. No waiting time.

9. User who gave Like to post:

Dodger (June 29th, 2022)

Liked

booster of the same vaccine form scientific point of view may be less effective than using different vaccines (when we are talking about vaccines with average same effect and type - i.e. both are 4th or 3rd generation)...

so, if you took Moderna, then next is better to be Pfizer, and opposite: if you took Pfizer then next is better to be Moderna... on this way your immunity will be boosted stronger, but side effects like 1-2 day high temperature may appear more often and will be stronger as well...
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    booster of the same vaccine form scientific point of view may be less effective than using different vaccines (when we are talking about vaccines with average same effect and type - i.e. both are 4th or 3rd generation)...

so, if you took Moderna, then next is better to be Pfizer, and opposite: if you took Pfizer then next is better to be Moderna... on this way your immunity will be boosted stronger, but side effects like 1-2 day high temperature may appear more often and will be stronger as well...
    I've now had 4 jabs , 3 Pfizer and 1 Moderna and suffered no after effects apart from a sore arm from the last one which was the moderna booster.

Liked

Moderna Has been shown to be marginally better against the variants.

I have 2 SinoPharm in UAE, 4 Moderna in USA