Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Bye to TM6

Liked

Bye to TM6

The warehouse storing the cards is full?

The cabinet has agreed to temporarily exempt the use of immigration forms, known as “Tor Mor 6”, for foreigners entering or exiting Thailand by air, to facilitate immigration checks and reduce congestion at airport immigration checkpoints, according to Deputy Government Spokesperson Traisuree Traisoranakul.

There is no timeframe yet when this measure will become effective, but it is expected to take a week.

The same immigration forms for Thai nationals were withdrawn by the military junta five years ago, she said.

2. User who gave Like to post:

maump (June 15th, 2022)

Liked

Re: Bye to TM6

I am surprised there is only one warehouse!

I wonder why it is that Thailand has some sort of perverted fascination with forms. Visiting Immigration at Chaengwattana I am always staggered at the piles and piles of forms stacked on the floor by each officer's desk. How many warehouses do these require for storage, I wonder? At the bank, for many transactions I have had to get my passport photocopied and signed many dozens of times! Having opened the account more than 10 years ago, why is my bankbook not sufficient? They have all my passport details on the computer. Why not the photo page of the passport as well?

4. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Dodger (June 16th, 2022), Patanawet (June 15th, 2022)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Armando View Post

I wonder why it is that Thailand has some sort of perverted fascination with forms. Visiting Immigration at Chaengwattana I am always staggered at the piles and piles of forms stacked on the floor by each officer's desk. How many warehouses do these require for storage, I wonder? At the bank, for many transactions I have had to get my passport photocopied and signed many dozens of times! Having opened the account more than 10 years ago, why is my bankbook not sufficient? They have all my passport details on the computer. Why not the photo page of the passport as well?
    Maybe because Asia has so many fiddles, bribes or downright stealing they have had to invent “safeguarding” systems.

6. 2 Users gave Like to post:

riverdee (June 16th, 2022), Ruthrieston (June 16th, 2022)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Armando View Post

I share the same amazement.

I just paid my annual vehicle tax (pickup truck and motorbike) and have to make 2 trips to the vehicle tax office every year just to get the new stickers - one trip to pay the fee and watch them type the information in a computer - and a second trip 3 days later to get the stickers after the office waits to have the stickers delivered from yet another office.

A simple software installation and a sticker printer is all they would need to be able to print the dam stickers themselves. There's around 42 million drivers in Thailand who have to go through the same crap every year. That's 84 million trips to the tax office for each and every driver every year - which could be reduced by 42 million totally unnecessary trips if if the Bozo's who paid to get their jobs got out of the way and let the young educated Thais show them how it's done.