Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recommendations for Koh Samui

Liked

Re: Recommendations for Koh Samui

Quote Originally Posted by infoarmor View Post
    I might go with him and his bf though at a nude beach in there, so overall it should be a good time.
    Public nudity is prohibited in TH, private beaches doesn't exist since sea is the property of the King. The only option you have: private pool/garden/sauna/etc. and nude party there.
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by peter030 View Post
    Is there any gay-scene in Koh Samui, with f.e. bars with boys to off?
    https://www.pridebarsamui.com/ Bophut, Chaweng
    no offs only freelancers

The blue Oyster Bar, Bophut, Chaweng, no website, freelancers

there are also 2 clubs and one massage parlor

use app - Blued (#1), Hornet (#2), Grindr (#3)
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Liked

According to the Alpha Gay Resort website - they have clothing optional evenings twice a week.

https://www.alphagayresort.com/

Alpha_Gay_Resort_clothing_optional.jpg

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by bkkmfj2648 View Post
    According to the Alpha Gay Resort website - they have clothing optional evenings twice a week.

https://www.alphagayresort.com/

Alpha_Gay_Resort_clothing_optional.jpg
    Yeah, and according to my friend, you can go in during those events even if you're not a guest but you need to pay an entrance fee. He has never been, so couldn't tell anything about the quality of the crowd.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    https://www.pridebarsamui.com/ Bophut, Chaweng
    no offs only freelancers

The blue Oyster Bar, Bophut, Chaweng, no website, freelancers

there are also 2 clubs and one massage parlor

use app - Blued (#1), Hornet (#2), Grindr (#3)
    Yeah, there are just bars where gay people get together, but according to my friend there are plenty of mbs in the apps.
    I'm not really into paying sex, so don't know about the rates but most probably cheaper than in Bangkok.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    Public nudity is prohibited in TH, private beaches doesn't exist since sea is the property of the King. The only option you have: private pool/garden/sauna/etc. and nude party there.
    Thanks for providing this legal perspective on nude beaches, Moses. My Taiwanese friend told me that the naked beach is a bit further from the touristy area and that the crowd in there is always pretty small, but I think it does exists, as he sends to me naked pics on a beach from time to time.
    I'll write a report once I'm there.

Unfortunately, I won't be in Samui during the week of Ko Phanghan Full moon party, for which Samui acts as a base to/from that island and the number of visitors, both Thai and foreigners is much higher than the rest of month.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I'm just staying there for three nights. I want a beach-and-nature break after a 2.5 weeks of BKK's hustle and bustle.

I'm just staying there for three nights. I want a beach-and-nature break after a 2.5 weeks of BKK's hustle and bustle.
    I hear you loud and clear.

I need a nature break after enduring just a few days of Bangkok's hustle and bustle, and Samui does provide a nice relaxing environment.

I've read some of the other posters comments regarding "nude beaches" and agree that nude sunbathing is prohibited in Thailand, but that doesn't meant these places don't exist...because they do.

Three that I know of include:

The town of Khun Han (SiSaket Province) - A short walk down a winding river that leads from the base of the Huai Chan Waterfalls is a small secluded sand bar which is known by the locals for its "clothing optional" policy. Mostly younger generation Thai boys (gay and ladyboys) go there on weekends. I spent many memorable (and eventful) weekends there during my time in SiSaket

Ao Prao Bay on the island of Koh Samet - Another short walk over mounds of coral (wear shoes) at the northern-most tip of the bay is another spot nudists are known to gather. The few times I wandered that direction I saw mostly small groups of senior citizens. Those kinky devils!

Hat Nang Ram Beach - located on military property along the eastern seaboard in Sattahip. Just like the others, a short (and rugged) walk is required to find this small strip of sand which is hidden around a small hill which borders the southern tip of the beach area. This is not an official nudist area by-no-means - just a place that Jai and I found where we can toss the briefs and do the wild thing out in nature.

Applying the word "Prohibited" in Thailand is a bit humorous.

8. 4 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (August 1st, 2022), GWMinUS (August 1st, 2022), llz (August 1st, 2022), Ruthrieston (August 2nd, 2022)

Liked

I had no idea, but will have a look, even participate, when I have a chance.

I thought public nudity is not only prohibited, but also not culturally accepted. In my experience, most guests in gay saunas change under towel.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc View Post
    I had no idea, but will have a look, even participate, when I have a chance.

I thought public nudity is not only prohibited, but also not culturally accepted. In my experience, most guests in gay saunas change under towel.
    A high percentage of the Thai population live in some very remote areas as I'm sure you know - sometimes nestled in thick jungle settings where nude swimming and even bathing naked outdoors are commonplace.

Being naked "outdoors" in a secluded and/or private setting is acceptable in Thai culture as long as it's being done mindfully and not offending others. Being naked at a public beach which is not private or secluded is a no-no.

Fortunately, for us, SEX is another element of Thai culture that's influenced heavily by their connection with "Nature" - where most Thais are totally uninhibited when it comes to getting naked, even with a complete stranger during sex, but blush the minute you try to hold their hand in "Public".

"Do what you want with my fanny honey - but don't mess with my face."

11. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (August 5th, 2022)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    The town of Khun Han (SiSaket Province) - A short walk down a winding river that leads from the base of the Huai Chan Waterfalls is a small secluded sand bar which is known by the locals for its "clothing optional" policy. Mostly younger generation Thai boys (gay and ladyboys) go there on weekends. I spent many memorable (and eventful) weekends there during my time in SiSaket
    I had never heard of this province and it seems to be a bit remote but it definitely has all the elements that make it worthy of a visit.
    Waterfall, beach and young guys that not only don't mind being naked in the open but are even eager to jump into action.

I guess that's the essence of this forum. Getting first-hand info that you can't easily find out there, even on so called travel gay sites.