List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: New boy beer bars and one reopened, in Jomtien Complex.

Liked

Re: New boy beer bars and one reopened, in Jomtien Complex.

Great to see the new bars opening, the Jomtien Complex certainly seems to be heading for a boom.

Photos of the new JQK Bar stirred some happy memories.
    On my first visit to Thailand in 2017 it was under a different name, New life Bar I think, and it became a favourite hangout for the holiday.

I was there during the low season and the bars were quiet, so we had the place to ourselves most nights. Here is a photo of it at the time, between The Venue and @Home Bar.

I recall some fun nights with the boys there playing forfeits which involved dodgy dancing, bottles of whiskey and buckets of ice.

One of the boys, Joe, could still be seen at a bar in the complex on recent visits. They were good times. Here's a video from one of the games.

The bar didn't last long after that, business was slow at the time. It later opened under different management - R Bar I think - which was also short lived.

I wish the new bars every success and I'm looking forward to enjoying a drink in JQK Bar on my next visit, for old times sake.
    Though I may pass on the ice and whiskey forfeits on that occasion.

Liked

all good news about the complex..

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver2 View Post
    I find the mamasan's treatment of the guy even more reprehensible than the rudeness to a customer. To embarrass both parties like that is unforgiveable....we know what catawampuscat's reaction was but what was the poor guy's feeling at being treated like a commodity?
    We stayed for about 30 minutes. The lad the mamasan directed to me seemed unfazed and nonplussed. I thought it was just a game
    to get the farang customer to buy drinks and tip. Many older farangs are too polite and nice and get taken advantage of by
    aggressive forceful antics.
    The lad was quite a bully with the other boys, pushing one off a stool.
    The lad may have not needed the mamasan direction and was simply a pushy aggressive person. Time to move on !

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthrieston View Post
    Sound the alarm!! A lady bar has been opened in the Complex!
    It makes no sense to me that anyone would open a lady bar right in the middle of Jomtien Complex. I haven't been there yet to see for myself, but are you sure it is really a lady bar? Maybe it is a ladyboy bar. That, at least, would make some sense.

Liked

Real ladies; take a look.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

It took me two visits to realise that the ladies performing at Cockpit weren't ladies. And that was only after a waiter put me straight.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post
    Real ladies; take a look.
    Unless they are totally repulsive, out of curiosity I'm going to do more than that. It seems that none posting has actually gone to the bar - only taken a good look.

I plan to go to the bar, have a drink and a chat with a couple of them. Then I'll know without any doubt. I don't know how soon I'll be going. Maybe someone will beat me to it. If nothing else, I'd like to find out why someone would open such a bar there. Sounds highly risky to me, and the gay bar business is risky enough as it is.

Liked

I hope I am not a pariah on this forum as I recently joined, but I would welcome a ladyboy bar in the midst of the complex due to the fact that I'm only attracted to fem boys and lady boys. I would actually stay at 1 of the hotels in the complex if I knew this bar was working with some beautiful young lady boys. I hope it becomes a reality as I come later this year to visit!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by davidmelba View Post
    I hope I am not a pariah on this forum as I recently joined, but I would welcome a ladyboy bar in the midst of the complex due to the fact that I'm only attracted to fem boys and lady boys. I would actually stay at 1 of the hotels in the complex if I knew this bar was working with some beautiful young lady boys. I hope it becomes a reality as I come later this year to visit!
    The ones I saw were not beautiful, young lady boys! Quite the opposite, but didn't get to check them out.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

One can anticipate Double Shot boy bar beer reopening very soon as farang boss is back in town..