I cannot upload pics

Screenshot:

https://prnt.sc/nNtD5vbnh00S

FWD insurance

Liked: 1

Re: Insurance..

You could consider Cigna Thailand
    They insure up to 80yo.

I had the unfortunate need to made a claim (non covid related) last December and it was satisfactorily handled by the hospital.

https://buy.cigna.co.th/travelinboun...clid=CjwKCAjw4

3. User who gave Like to post:

dab69 (May 27th, 2022)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

https://asq.in.th/

Probably worthless but good for the fuc’*ing THAI Pass.

Liked

I have travel insurance from my bank for medical expenses, cancellation, theft etc. I did phone them asking about Thai Pass insurance, but they had never heard of it. I think I will contact them again although these figures are relatively trivial when set against the cost of one night in the bars with boys.

6. User who gave Like to post:

llz (May 24th, 2022)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Daveuk View Post
    I have travel insurance from my bank for medical expenses, cancellation, theft etc. I did phone them asking about Thai Pass insurance, but they had never heard of it. I think I will contact them again although these figures are relatively trivial when set against the cost of one night in the bars with boys.
    I'm over 70 and have my travel insurance with barclays , my bank , I spoke to them and the answer was they would send me a le tter stating what the policy deals with and the amount of cover .They have already done it for other people and it was accepted.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Daveuk View Post
    I was able to get a certificate from my UK insurers, stipulating that it must be brief enough to download.
    But it was a damn nuisance, requiring a number of phone calls.

I do urge you to keep your UK insurance but for the purpose of the Thai Pass get the Thai Covid-specific one. Although I paid 500bht for mine, i could have found cheaper versions. Some only accommodate youngsters below seventy-five, however.

I felt it best to avoid anything that may hinder, slow down or invalidate the Thai Pass application. I note that my Thai policy has been submitted and accepted by the powers-that-be.

Liked

Oliver. How long did it take you to get your Thai Pass ?. I applied for mine about 5 hours ago but not received it yet. I uploaded the details of my bank travel insurance along with my vaccination records and have received an acknowledgement and code. I don’t want to book my flights until I’ve got it.

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver2 View Post

I do urge you to keep your UK insurance but for the purpose of the Thai Pass get the Thai Covid-specific one. Although I paid 500bht for mine, i could have found cheaper versions. Some only accommodate youngsters below seventy-five, however.
    I think you meant 5,000 Baht as you stated earlier. Unless people are travelling in the next few days, it might be worthwhile postponing spending that money on a probably worthless Thai covid specific policy as there are reports in Bangkok of the Thai Pass requirement being cancelled from 1st June.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Yes, you're right. The policy cost 5000bht.

Can you provide a link for the BP article? I was looking for it yesterday without success. I would be delighted if I find out I've wasted my money.