Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Insurance..

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Liked

Insurance..

As of now, fully vaccinated arrivals still need Thai Pass, USD$10,000 Insurance.......The TH embassy website recommends ALLIANCE Insurance for the coverage..however,,they only cover up to age 75....I am 78yrs old...Anyone get insurance coverage with another reputable co. and are over 75?? (I am not traveling YET)....but would like to know....Hopefully as they say, the TH pass and the Insurance coverage MAY be cancelled/stopped in a couple of months...Tks for your kind response..

2. User who gave Like to post:

Patanawet (May 23rd, 2022)

Liked

Re: Insurance..

Quote Originally Posted by Blueskytoday View Post
    re over 75?? (I am not traveling YET)....but would like to know....Hopefully as they say, the TH pass and the Insurance coverage MAY be cancelled/stopped in a couple of months...Tks for your kind response..
    Hi Blue,
    Well I am in the same pickle as you, at age 76. My advice is to not focus on a "reliable" insurance company, but rather a "cheap" one who will cover us? Why do I say that? Well the chance that you are going to be able to collect on this insurance is just about zero -- there isn't one of these companies which will cover "pre-existing conditions" and those of us (at this tender age) are likely to have something which sounds like a "pre-existing condition" and gives them a ready-made excuse for denying your claim.

So get any old "fly by night" company policy, as long as it gets you in the door, and self-insure yourself against any major healthcare expense. Sadly, this is the reality. And yes I am also hoping this nonsense requirement will be lifted later in the year.

(To find lists of the fly-by-nighters, do the following google search: thailand tourist health insurance for seniors over 75.)
    Good luck!

4. User who gave Like to post:

Patanawet (May 23rd, 2022)

Liked

Thanks much for your informative insite....and response..

Liked

Liked

Try Googling “Mister Prakan” This one seems a lot cheaper than 11,000 baht, No doubt both insurances are useless but enable obtaining the Thai Pass, as described by Mark K

Forum's veteran
    Liked

https://misterprakan.com/en/pass/thailand-pass (Recommended by Thaiger)

I applied on Saturday. Certificate due soon. No age limit...I'm seventy-five. About 5000bht.

I shall also have my UK insurance.

Liked

I used Staysure in the UK they included a certificate of covid cover at no extra cost and I was successful in my application with Thai Pass using it.

There are no age limits on Staysure's single trip travel insurance policies. Staysure Annual travel insurance Annual multi-trip travel insurance covers you for multiple trips in a policy year and you can get cover for a maximum of 183 days abroad, although each trip cannot exceed 50 days (reducing to 35 days if you are 71 or over).

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I appreciate the feelings many tourists have about buying the Thai Covid-specific insurance....something I chose to do even though I have a first class policy in the UK from Allianz.

However, I don't regard the Thai insurance as anything other than a tourist charge. And I'm willing to pay that to ensure easy entry to Thailand, even if it is inappropriate.

Liked

I just bought insurance. t the end of the process they wanted me to state that I am between 1 and 85 years old. I m trying to upload screenshots but can't. I paid 650 for 30 days. I'll try to convert.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Policy just received from Mister Prakan; a speedy service. Two days and one of them was Sunday when (I assume) the office was closed.

13. User who gave Like to post:

splinter1949 (May 26th, 2022)