Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How Russia Stole and Ruined its Only Aircraft Carrier

Liked

Re: How Russia Stole and Ruined its Only Aircraft Carrier

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    I just remind you: EU and US are collaborating with Nazi. Shame. Do you feel it?
    Not only do I not feel shame that the EU and the USA are alleged to be collaborating with Nazis because I am neither an EU or a US citizen, I also feel no shame as I don't share the peculiarly Russian definition of Nazism that is now used by Russian state television broadcasters,such as Vladimir Solovyov in his nightly show on Rossiya-1.

Solovyov pontificated: "“Nazism doesn’t necessarily mean antisemitism, as the Americans keep concocting. It can be anti-Slavic, anti-Russian, which is what Ukrainian Nazism is."” See the video at https://www.express.co.uk/news/world...lovyov-news-vn.

Solovyov is a sanctioned Kremlin propagandist who has had two villas seized on Italy's Lake Como - see "Sanctioned Russian TV Host Cries About Losing His Italian Villa" (https://www.thedailybeast.com/sancti...-italian-villa). Apparently his neighbors dislike him so much they launched a petition in 2019 to try to get the local authorities to make sure he didn’t obtain Italian citizenship through his residency. He has also complained about getting his foreign/UK bank accounts frozen. He is also blocked on YouTube.

But, for me, the most interesting point about this new definition is Solovyov's embrace of it is that he was born into a Jewish family. In 2011, he compared the Armenian-Azerbaijani conflict to the Holocaust, stating, "A drop of Armenian blood for them is the subject of wild inhuman, I would say, bestial hatred. That is, for me as a Jew, this hatred frankly resembles the tragedy of my people and the Holocaust." Azerbaijani Jews were outraged at this comment - Евреи Азербайджана возмущены заявлениями Владимира Соловьева - https://regnum.ru/news/polit/1463490.html.

The Israeli newspaper Haaretz recently ran a telling headline: "Ukraine War: Why Putin's Propagandists Claim They're the 'New Jews'" (https://www.haaretz.com/world-news/....ews-1.10675492). The lead-in read: "Russia's top propagandists, many of whom have disseminated vicious antisemitism for decades, are now eagerly commandeering Jewish identity and the Holocaust as the next step in the grotesque "Nazi Ukraine" slur."

Do these propagandists feel no shame?

2. 3 Users gave Like to post:

dab69 (May 24th, 2022), Dax (June 3rd, 2022), Ruthrieston (May 25th, 2022)

Liked

Re: How Russia Stole and Ruined its Only Aircraft Carrier

Theft of weapons from Ukrainian weapons depots reminds me of a great movie Lord of War (USA 2005 with Nicolas Cage). One of my favorite movies, can watch it every 5 years.