Hate to say it, but the first iteration of Sansuk was the best, imo. The more he added to it, the worse it got. At the very beginning, the pool area was beautiful and peaceful, the clientele was awesome, young college boys from Bangkok even came to visit on the weekends..it was paradise. I guess this was 2008-ish? not sure. The huge hotel building never made any sense to me; I'm SURE Punya never had 100% occupancy even once. The old steam room area, dark room, and...other areas, were tons of fun (some later removed or just aged to disuse). i never understood why he made the decisions he made. Who knows. At any rate, I have no idea if/when Sansuk will reopen, but I will be back in town in a few weeks and will certainly go over there to investigate.

To digress a bit about the college boys from Bangkok. Apparently there's a Thai dancing academy in Bangkok somewhere that offers college degrees. Some boys from that school (sure wish now I knew what school it is) used to come to Sansuk on the weekends. They were as beautiful as you could imagine they would be, graceful, and funny. Very entertaining at the pool.