List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Any information on saunas in Bangkok?

Liked

Re: Any information on saunas in Bangkok?

Some of them yes, but I've had plenty of encounters there already.

Liked

I don't have any more recent information than in my blog:
    https://christianpfc.blogspot.com/20...unas-2022.html

3. User who gave Like to post:

Dutchy (November 9th, 2022)

Liked

I see on the website of Krubb sauna, that there is an adult playground including boxing ring.
    Any one knows what kind of activity happens there ?
    It is possible to have a boxing of wrestling match overthere ?

Liked

It's very common to be beaten around the ring in a gay sauna.

6. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Andy (September 3rd, 2022), Dutchy (November 9th, 2022)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by nlwrestleboy View Post
    I see on the website of Krubb sauna, that there is an adult playground including boxing ring.
    Any one knows what kind of activity happens there ?
    ?
    Mainly monkeypox exchange...

8. User who gave Like to post:

Patanawet (November 21st, 2022)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc View Post
    I don't have any more recent information than in my blog:
    https://christianpfc.blogspot.com/20...unas-2022.html
    Thanks for your comprehensive review! I will be traveling to Bangkok soon. Been there twice before, back in the Babylon days. Sad to read that beautiful place is permanently closed now! The question is, what is currently the best sauna in Bangkok? Took a quick look on sauna websites and reviews. Looking forward to comments & suggestions from others.

My two cents for some of the saunas you listed (ranked by Google review score):

1. Krubb, located in Sukhumvit, gets 4.4 (40 reviews). Rather new. Less crowded on some days, yet praised for its cleanliness. Website looks good. https://www.gaysaunabangkok.com

2. Heaven, located in Silom, pretty hidden, gets 4.2 (69 reviews). Mixed reviews, often quoted to be old and run down. Local crowd. Rather basic website, no photos. http://heavensauna.com/map.html

3. Chakran, located in Phayathai (near Dusit area), gets 4.0 (190 reviews). Seems to be clean and well frequented by locals, with mixed reviews on service. Basic website. http://www.chakransauna.net

4. Sauna Mania, located in Silom area, gets 3.9 (102 reviews). Often described as being 'dirty' and 'run down'. No own website, bad sign.

5. Macho Sauna, located in XXX, located in Bang Phlat area, gets 3.6 (32 reviews). Few recent reviews, not sure whether legit. No own website, bad sign.

6. Ratchada Soi 3 (R3) Sauna, located in Din Daeng area, gets 3.5 (75 reviews). Very few reviews recently. Website looks good, yet seems they have 'models' you can rent, so not my cup of tea.

7. Farose Sauna, located in Wang Thonglang, gets 3.4 (56 reviews). Very few reviews recently, often quoted as being dirty. No professional website, only Facebook.

Other (not reviewed):
    - Paradise Sauna in Lak Si, far from Silom area, last reviewed 2 years ago.
    - Phoenix Sauna - Far from Silom area and only 1 review for this year

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Watdee.
    That there is no www says really nothing here. Plus that in many cases (I mainly use those m2m msg shops) a former www -payable, so avoidable/unliked by Thai- is replaced by the various new forms of free IT; tweet, insta, and that LINE that is so immense populair here.
    Some of these you list have discriminatory pricing for older people (yes, they do ask for ID-which you have to have on you as such anywhere here and is for Thai quite common to asked for) and some also for farang (I think V-club / chakran). But even then the higher price is low compared to current EUR prices. Some (Mania) is also mostly known as ´only for sticky rice´, but I really have no idea how strict that is or just a casual impression.
    R3 was raided by police some time ago and closed for a while- drugs found.
    Faroth (thats how they say it) has 2 outlets-both incredibly dirty and unkempt-think even of broken glass lying around-one in Sapan Kwai and one along RamKamHaeng (TH biggest uni). Report: quite a few guests did not even bother to undress there.
    All in all-and I am quite a bit older as he- I do agree with Chris that sauna´s here in BKK are hardly worth the effort to go there-as a very broad general rule. Which I found was quite different in the provinces (Ch.Mai-H.Yai). Remarkably around/near most of the sauna are also these m2m male for male msg shops that can deliver garanteed service if so wished-or if not found in the sauna. Yes, Thai can be quite keen businessminded.
    What will take over the function of now sadly closed Babylon remains to be seen-no clear winner yet noted. But inevitably some of those bright bisnismen must notice this current hole.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchy View Post
    Thanks for your comprehensive review! I will be traveling to Bangkok soon. Been there twice before, back in the Babylon days. Sad to read that beautiful place is permanently closed now! The question is, what is currently the best sauna in Bangkok? Took a quick look on sauna websites and reviews. Looking forward to comments & suggestions from others.

My two cents for some of the saunas you listed (ranked by Google review score):

1. Krubb, located in Sukhumvit, gets 4.4 (40 reviews). Rather new. Less crowded on some days, yet praised for its cleanliness. Website looks good. https://www.gaysaunabangkok.com

2. Heaven, located in Silom, pretty hidden, gets 4.2 (69 reviews). Mixed reviews, often quoted to be old and run down. Local crowd. Rather basic website, no photos. http://heavensauna.com/map.html

3. Chakran, located in Phayathai (near Dusit area), gets 4.0 (190 reviews). Seems to be clean and well frequented by locals, with mixed reviews on service. Basic website. http://www.chakransauna.net

4. Sauna Mania, located in Silom area, gets 3.9 (102 reviews). Often described as being 'dirty' and 'run down'. No own website, bad sign.

5. Macho Sauna, located in XXX, located in Bang Phlat area, gets 3.6 (32 reviews). Few recent reviews, not sure whether legit. No own website, bad sign.

6. Ratchada Soi 3 (R3) Sauna, located in Din Daeng area, gets 3.5 (75 reviews). Very few reviews recently. Website looks good, yet seems they have 'models' you can rent, so not my cup of tea.

7. Farose Sauna, located in Wang Thonglang, gets 3.4 (56 reviews). Very few reviews recently, often quoted as being dirty. No professional website, only Facebook.

Other (not reviewed):
    - Paradise Sauna in Lak Si, far from Silom area, last reviewed 2 years ago.
    - Phoenix Sauna - Far from Silom area and only 1 review for this year
    I like R3 best among the one listed in here, especially during their O-party. I think it's twice a month on Friday. They hire performers who first give like a sex show for like 30 minutes and then people go the upper floor and you can actually off the performers. They can't refuse anyone. There are actually lines getting formed to off some of the guys. It's mostly an asian crowd. It used to be very popular with Chinese.

Krubb is relatively new. ver clean and nice facilities. Loved the idea of the bunk beds (supposedly that's where guys who want to socialize or really want to have sex can stay). It reminded e of some of the saunas I've been to in. Japan. here also the crowd was mostly sticky rice. Lots of Koreans, Japanese and Taiwanese.

Mania is right on Silom. actually when I was in august this time I stayed at an hotel called Artino that is only 50 m from Mania. It's pretty small and not that clean. I never found it to be much Asian on asian though. I've always had 2-3 guys every time I went there. A Russian friend of mine likes it and goes there every time he is in Bangkok. He also is pretty succesfull in Mania.

There is one thing though that i would like to add. Most of the guys in Bangkok are still wearing asks, both outside and indoors and that imo takes so much from enjoying the sauna. I went to Krubb this August and 95% of the guys had a mask on, even when they were in the outdoor rooftop jacuzzi. even in normal conditions, it's sometimes difficult to really see and evaluate the face of a person in a sauna because of the poor lighting but with a mask on it's practically impossible.
    i picked up a guy who I though would be around early 20s judging by his body and hair style. when we went inside the cabin and he took off his mask he was at least 10 years older than that and his face was not really appealing to e. Had to find a lame excuse to get out of the cabin
    So even though I enjoy going to saunas a lot, especially in Thailand and Taiwan, I think I'll give it a rest for the moment as masks are still too prevalent for me to really get any pleasure from it. I know though that for some people is really not a big deal.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

what is the going rate for the r3 performers??

Liked

No idea what the sauna pays them, of if they go off with customers. I guess they would demand at least 2000.

R3, Mania, BKP and BaanJV all the same owner/management and similar shows and pricing (discrimination by age and nationality).