Quick navigation:
List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Taking Poppers to Indonesia in checked-in luggage??

Liked

Taking Poppers to Indonesia in checked-in luggage??

This might be a little off topic, but it's an issue some of us deal with. I have a friend who has gotten away with taking poppers to Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam and Taiwan, but next month we leave to Indonesia. I am wondering if anyone has any idea about taking poppers to Indonesia in checked in luggage? I know that certain countries are more strict than others, and since Indonesia is not exactly gay friendly I was wondering how risky it is to take poppers through the airport there in Jakarta?

Liked

Re: Taking Poppers to Indonesia in checked-in luggage??

It has been 3 years since I visited Bali. And I just put the bottles of Poppers in my Suitcase.
    Along with my meds.
    No Customs check at the Airport.
    So I do not feel you will have a problem.
    CHEERS

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by CambodiaVisitor View Post
    This might be a little off topic, but it's an issue some of us deal with. I have a friend who has gotten away with taking poppers to Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam and Taiwan, but next month we leave to Indonesia. I am wondering if anyone has any idea about taking poppers to Indonesia in checked in luggage? I know that certain countries are more strict than others, and since Indonesia is not exactly gay friendly I was wondering how risky it is to take poppers through the airport there in Jakarta?
    Poppers (Alkyl nitrite, including butyl nitrite, isopropyl nitrite, amyl nitrite and isobutyl nitrites) are prohibited medications in Indonesia in either hand or checked baggage.

It's up to you.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

you would need to be totally stoooopid to do this sort of thing...all it takes is one bad tempered official to make your life a living hell....I have NO desire to experience the hospitality of the Indonesian prison service.....

5. User who gave Like to post:

arsenal (April 28th, 2022)

Liked

As far as I know, poppers are illegal as a recreational drug in all countries. The extent of prosecution varies, in Thailand they are openly on sale in gay online dating. I have traveled all countries you mentioned, and only once in over 20 flights in SEAsia had a cursory search of my hold luggage (on arrival inTaipei). I would search on internet (there might be no hits for this very specific case) and assess the risk. Or ask local gays about the extent of prosecution, but being caught with poppers at immigration might be very different.