Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Buying Bangkok Post in Bangkok

Liked

Buying Bangkok Post in Bangkok

I just returned from Bangkok where I spent Songkran in Tarntawan Hotel in Suriwong street, a hotel many of you probably know or have stayed in. Bangkok Post is not a very good newspaper, but i still like to buy it, read it and do the crossword every day. My experience was that it is very difficult to find places that actually sell Bangkok Post in Bangkok. I tried the different Asia Book stores, but they didnt sell it. Foodmart in Soi Patpong was the only place in the Silom/Suriwong area that sold the newspaper, and unless you made a reservation there to pick up the nespaper at a certain time, all the copies they had of Bangkok Post there would be gone by 9am or earlier. Could some of you who live in Bangkok recommend places where Bangkok Post is sold? In pattaya it is much easier to find Bangkok Post.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Buying Bangkok Post in Bangkok

or maybe they would know here:

Bangkok Post Building 136 Sunthorn Kosa Road, Klong Toey, Bangkok 10110 Thailand Tel: +662-616-4000

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by karius View Post

I just returned from Bangkok where I spent Songkran in Tarntawan Hotel in Suriwong street, a hotel many of you probably know or have stayed in. Bangkok Post is not a very good newspaper, but i still like to buy it, read it and do the crossword every day. My experience was that it is very difficult to find places that actually sell Bangkok Post in Bangkok.
    It's too late now, but if you were to stay at Tarntawan again just tell the front desk you want a copy of the Post each morning during your stay. I always did that and one of the girls working the breakfast area would lay it on my table when I showed up for breakfast.

I can't remember what I paid, but it was a hell of a lot cheaper then the boy I was with.

4. User who gave Like to post:

riverdee (April 20th, 2022)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

in the past most 7s had a few in touristy areas. But dk if that is still the case.

Liked

this is probably not the option you are looking for if you want real newsprint to get inky fingers from, but if you have a reasonable-sized Android tablet (or I assume an iPad) a "digital edition" subscription (not the Post web site) gives you the full glory of the print edition layouts with zoom for individual articles, and you can read it wherever you are in the world - I wouldn't recommend it on most phone screens but an 8" or larger tablet/iPad can still be easy to carry down to breakfast and enjoy the Post over coffee - and there are a lot better crossword options available as well as a plethora of other news media to enjoy along with the Post!

but I have, and love, my Samsung tablet for a number of reasons, so as I say this is probably not the option you are looking for!
    I can’t even be bothered to be apathetic these days!

Liked

https://www.bangkokpost.com/epaper Cost for digital edition