FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tarntawan Hotel bathroom query

No Platformed
    Liked

Re: Tarntawan Hotel bathroom query

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    He said OR an ID card. All boys usually carry them
    Only Thais have ID cards. If the guy is Lao, Khmer, Burmese etc the usual form of ID that’s acceptable is a passport

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by GerBear1958 View Post

@Mancs - I am planning to stay at the Tarntawan in November - Provided the travel restrictions have been removed by then. I want to make sure I understand your comment correctly - are you saying that if you want to bring someone to your room at this hotel - that guest has to have his PASSPORT on him? ID card not accepted? That's ridiculous - who walks around with their passport in their pocket? I may have to consider other hotels - any suggestions? I like the Tarntawan because of it's location, reported quiet there, and reasonable price. Thanks for any more info you share.
    I wouldn't be the least bit concerned with this.

The working boys in BKK all know the drill.

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    Who wants to return to their room after drinking all night and worry about falling in some outdated bathtub???

The Tarntawan suites I've stayed in before had separate showers as shown below:
    I suspect we’re talking at cross purposes. Under previous ownership there was a set of apartments opposite Tawan Bar and the hotel itself directly off Surawong. The hotel rooms were standard rooms with shower over bath. Im guessing that what’s being sold as “suites” are the former apartments and the former rooms have not been upgraded at all

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by StevieWonders View Post
    I suspect we’re talking at cross purposes. Under previous ownership there was a set of apartments opposite Tawan Bar and the hotel itself directly off Surawong. The hotel rooms were standard rooms with shower over bath. Im guessing that what’s being sold as “suites” are the former apartments and the former rooms have not been upgraded at all
    to clarify, the hotel has always had suites, the apartments were originally Thai style studios, then the hotel management took over the apartments and renovated the top floors as large studios and one-bedroom apartments, then the hotel got new management and so was not related to the apartments, then the apartments also got new management, again not related to the hotel, then the hotel management started renovating some rooms but did not get very far, then late last year the apartment management closed the apartment building for full renovation so now only the hotel remains with suites, some renovated rooms, and some standard rooms but I will leave it to others to clarify which, if any, of the current hotel rooms have separate showers

clear as mud?
    I can’t even be bothered to be apathetic these days!

5. 3 Users gave Like to post:

Brad the Impala (April 16th, 2022), Dodger (April 17th, 2022), Ruthrieston (April 17th, 2022)

Liked

A comprehensive FAIL for a modern or refurbished hotel all round then
    It depends what one wants. I like the bum gun in older hotels. Modern, expensive hotels which don't have them in the bathrooms: I see that as poor service delivery.

7. User who gave Like to post:

Ruthrieston (April 17th, 2022)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Mancs View Post
    It depends what one wants. I like the bum gun in older hotels. Modern, expensive hotels which don't have them in the bathrooms: I see that as poor service delivery.
    you could always try the fire extinguisher...

9. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Dodger (April 17th, 2022)

Liked

I stayed there in December 2018. i was on the fifth floor facing the back. I had shower only with no barriers and no door just a glass surround . I also used a cane and had no problems with the room or the hotel.

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by colby marker View Post
    I stayed there in December 2018. i was on the fifth floor facing the back. I had shower only with no barriers and no door just a glass surround . I also used a cane and had no problems with the room or the hotel.
    Sadly the hotel themselves are emphatic (in the past few days) that they have NO rooms at all with a “walk-in shower” . Your own experience (which I don’t dispute) was however, a few years ago and pre-pandemic

Liked

Sadly the hotel themselves are emphatic (in the past few days) that they have NO rooms at all with a “walk-in shower” . Your own experience (which I don’t dispute) was however, a few years ago and pre-pandemic
    The (about) 6 inch step up to my shower in room 600 means it certainly isn't walk in, but might be ok for some customers as it's lower than getting in a bath to use a shower.

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Mancs View Post
    The (about) 6 inch step up to my shower in room 600 means it certainly isn't walk in, but might be ok for some customers as it's lower than getting in a bath to use a shower.
    Try getting in, having a shower and then getting out using only a walking stick and let us know how you go