Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Jomtien Complex A.K.A. Supertown A.K.A. God’s Waiting Room

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Jomtien Complex A.K.A. Supertown A.K.A. God’s Waiting Room

...and wharts wrong with making money...u do realise that a high percentahe of the gogos probably arent even gay, tghey r in it just for the money...its all a bit of a freak show for the straight chinese tourists and as long as they are happy to subsidise my bars all the better...means they stay open and we all can enjoy

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post
    The term "geriatric" is basically an offensive term when applied to older persons. As well as many other terms such as elderly, geezer, old timer, etc. There seems to be few words with a positive slant in English that I am aware to refer to older persons although "venerable" has a positive connotation. Fortunately the Thais/Asians don't seem to have negative feelings toward older people and treat them with the respect they deserve.
    From Merriam Webster: geriatric, a branch of medicine that deals with the problems and diseases of old age...

Not everyone old is geriatric:
    I have a friend who was born in 1936, and five years ago we walked for an hour through field and forest in
    Thailand, after which he proclaimed being tired. Body and mind in better shape than some people I know who are a generation younger than he. Old, but not geriatric.
    Another friend was born in 1943, now uses crutches outside his room. We were on the way to a restaurant 500 m away, but due to fatigue we cut the trip short to a restaurant only 200 m away. Old and geriatric.

From Merriam Webster: venerable, calling forth respect through age, character, and attainments.
    You can be venerable without being old, and you can be old without being venerable.

I can't find anything offensive with "elderly".

Forum's veteran
    Liked

...snow flakes...

Liked

Who cares about political correctness. I've always thought an apt description of most farangs in Pattaya (as coined I think by dear old plain-speaking Hedda many years ago) is 'old farts with lusty parts'. Perfect.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc View Post

I can't find anything offensive with "elderly".
    Wait until your 65+ and see what you think then.

6. User who gave Like to post:

GWMinUS (May 10th, 2022)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by snotface View Post

...... (as coined I think by dear old plain-speaking Hedda......
    Now there's a name that hasn't popped up in a long time.

Rekindles fond memories of: Peale of the Orient ...Wowpow...Sanitree na pakin... and so many others.

8. User who gave Like to post:

Patanawet (May 2nd, 2022)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by latintopxxx View Post
    ...and wharts wrong with making money...u do realise that a high percentahe of the gogos probably arent even gay, tghey r in it just for the money...its all a bit of a freak show for the straight chinese tourists and as long as they are happy to subsidise my bars all the better...means they stay open and we all can enjoy
    Saying that there are straight boys in the bars is like saying there are bargirls who really don’t like old Farangs.

Customers shouldn’t care about the preferences of bargirls or boys, but rather how well they do their job. I have done straight boys just off the farm, they didn’t know anything about going with customers, didn’t even have lube, no idea what to do. But they learned quickly.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post
    The term "geriatric" is basically an offensive term when applied to older persons. As well as many other terms such as elderly, geezer, old timer, etc. There seems to be few words with a positive slant in English that I am aware to refer to older persons although "venerable" has a positive connotation. Fortunately the Thais/Asians don't seem to have negative feelings toward older people and treat them with the respect they deserve.
    In tagging photos I use 'senior'.

Definitions from Oxford Languages geriatric

adjective
    relating to old people, especially with regard to their healthcare. "a geriatric hospital"

noun an old person who is receiving special care. "a rest home for geriatrics"