Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hotels in Manila

Liked

Re: Hotels in Manila

I got back from the Philippines a couple of days ago and would like to write a quick follow-up post.
    In Manila, I stayed at a small boutique hotel near Greenbelt in Makati. Didn't have any problem with the numerous guests in my room. During the day, guys could walk just straight into my room. At later hours, I would get a call from reception asking me if I was expecting any guest and it would let them up.

To my disdain the hotel in El Nido explicitly old me: "No visitors". Luckily I was in there for just two days and busy doing tours anyway.
    In Puerto Princessa I stayed at the Hue Resort. A place I definitely recommend. Great hotel and pretty much guests can go straight into a room.
    It was a bit of hookup central in that town. I got hit on Grindr by three people staying there and some of the guys I met in there told they had already hooked up in that hotel.

I met all the guys through Grindr which was super busy in there for me. I opened other apps, ex: Hornet and Blued but they are not really popular in the Philippines.
    The guys are mostly nice and tend to be submissive. Really trying to please. The only thing is, they end up coming out a bit clingy at the end. So after the first 3-4 guys, I would always say I had some work to do after we were done with sex.

My only bad experience in the Philippines was with Grab. It's not as reliable as in some other Asian countries. First, it wasn't accepting my credit card, even though I've used that same card with Grab in Thailand and Vietnam. So I had to order Grab using Cash. Even then, there were not many cars available. Few times I waited around 5-7 minutes, just to get a message from Grab that all their cars are busy. Forget about getting it fro the airport. So I ended up using more taxis than Grab.

Said that, it should be noted that Philippines is actually cheaper than Thailand, both in high-end places like spa and restaurants and in lower-end food halls and taxi rides. It's probably more in par with Vietnam, though it might slightly. ore expensive in some things.
    Though I didn't need to use myself, I think guys are also cheaper. The slang for paid sex is: "For hire" and you will see it in some Grindr profiles, less though than in BKK. From the 2-3 profiles I inquired the price was around 1000 - 2000 PHP, which would be 20-40USD.

2. 2 Users gave Like to post:

GWMinUS (June 12th, 2022), tony (June 12th, 2022)