Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hotels in Manila

Liked

Question Hotels in Manila

I plan to visit the Philippines by the end of May and was wondering if what's the hotels' guest policy in the Phils like?
    Is it like in Bangkok where in a lot of places your guests don't have to check in and you won't be charged extra, or more like in Vietnam, where pretty much all hotels would make the local boys you invite over to check-in and in some places, you will end up paying extra for each visitor that spends the night with you?
    Do you guys think it's better to book an Airbnb if, as I expect and hope, there will be a bit of traffic in and out of my room?

Liked

Re: Hotels in Manila

I would recommend booking a Condo with airBNB. There are many in the Malate area or in Makati if you want to go upscale.
    Rates still seem much lower. And if you want something more like a hotel room, then book a Studio.
    The only disadvantage of a Condo is no Buffet Breakfast. HAHAHA
    But there is always McD, Jollybee, or Bo's Coffee Shop.
    CHEERS

3. User who gave Like to post:

Khor tose (March 18th, 2022)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by GWMinUS View Post
    I would recommend booking a Condo with airBNB. There are many in the Malate area or in Makati if you want to go upscale.
    Rates still seem much lower. And if you want something more like a hotel room, then book a Studio.
    The only disadvantage of a Condo is no Buffet Breakfast. HAHAHA
    But there is always McD, Jollybee, or Bo's Coffee Shop.
    CHEERS
    Thanks for your reply, GWMinUS. I've only been to the Philippines once. This was around 15 years ago. I was still in college and stayed in a hostel, so didn't get to experience having people over. My only concern with getting an Airbnb is that I might run through same problem with the apartment doorman/security, which I'm sure all the places in the more upscale areas like Makati have. I remember security in front of every business in Manila and having to go through metal detectors at malls.

I was hoping for some first-hand experience from the members of this forum and maybe even some concrete suggestions of places of where to lodge.

Liked

For years I have been visiting Cebu City. There I book a Condo and have never had a problem with the front desk.
    If my friend arrived alone, I just have the desk call me and I confirm I have someone visiting.
    And give him my Condo Unit number so he can come up.

But before I did visit Manila, however I always booked a hotel.
    In Malate I stayed at the PanPacific. Not cheap and no free breakfast. But great location!!
    In Makati I stayed at the Best Western. Moderate rates and breakfast included.
    Most recently I enjoy staying outside of Central, at the Crimson Hotel in Alabang. 5 Star and great foods.
    I was meeting a long time friend from Dumaguete and he loves that Hotel and its Gym!!!
    Anyway, enjoy your trip.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by GWMinUS View Post
    But before I did visit Manila, however I always booked a hotel.
    In Malate I stayed at the PanPacific. Not cheap and no free breakfast. But great location!!
    In Makati I stayed at the Best Western. Moderate rates and breakfast included.
    Most recently I enjoy staying outside of Central, at the Crimson Hotel in Alabang. 5 Star and great foods.
    I was meeting a long time friend from Dumaguete and he loves that Hotel and its Gym!!!
    Anyway, enjoy your trip.
    Thanks again, GWMinUS.
    Have you ever had any issue with bringing guests at those hotels in Manila? Can guys just go straight to your room or they have to go through the frontdesk? What about if I go down and pick them up, do they still have to go through check-in?

I actually remember the PanPacific in Malate. Stayed in that area before.

Liked

None of my "guests" had to Sign-In at the hotel.
    But the elevators at the PanPacific would not operate without a Key Card.
    So if you had a guy coming to visit you would need to go meet him in the Lobby.
    Probably the same with most Condos.
    However the one where I stayed in Cebu City had elevators that operated without a Key Card.
    But the Crown Regency Hotel in the Towers did require a Key Card.
    NO REAL PROBLEMS...

Liked

Hey all,
    I’ve been to Phil several times over the last few (pre covid) years. I actually find a lot of the high rise condos (ex: sea and shore condos at MOA) have very strict guest policies. I’ve had better luck at hotels believe it or not.

I’m going back to Phil in mid May and am looking for an air bnb or hotel that’s akin to Mosaic in Pattaya… key fob access only. If anyone knows please advise.

Also if anyone knows if there’s anywhere to off guys in Manila… didn’t think so but thought I’d check.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by DrewSpz View Post
    Hey all,
    I’ve been to Phil several times over the last few (pre covid) years. I actually find a lot of the high rise condos (ex: sea and shore condos at MOA) have very strict guest policies. I’ve had better luck at hotels believe it or not.

I’m going back to Phil in mid May and am looking for an air bnb or hotel that’s akin to Mosaic in Pattaya… key fob access only. If anyone knows please advise.

Also if anyone knows if there’s anywhere to off guys in Manila… didn’t think so but thought I’d check.
    Looks like we will be in Manila at the same time. I decided to go with hotels instead of condos. Booked a couple in Makati with free cancellations and will make a decision at the end of the month. So before Covid, you could bring a guy at your room in the hotels you stayed?

Liked

For sure, no registering or anything. Like Sofitel.. only problem is it’s not walkable to anything. Actually I had great experiences at Microtel at MOA so that’s where I’m staying again. Let’s see!!!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by DrewSpz View Post
    For sure, no registering or anything. Like Sofitel.. only problem is it’s not walkable to anything. Actually I had great experiences at Microtel at MOA so that’s where I’m staying again. Let’s see!!!
    Do you recommend more the MOA area or Makati around Glorietta and the Greenbelt? also, is there any good sauna in Manila worth visiting?