Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Why Did Happy Boys Die?

No Platformed
    Liked

Re: Why Did Happy Boys Die?

Quote Originally Posted by colmx View Post
    Don't forget the classic act of pouring a bottle of orange Fanta into the fat katooeys ass... And she then does some "water into wine" type magic and proceeds to fill an empty bottle of coke from her ass!

And of course the ribbon with the razor blades!
    Exactly the tasteful sort of act Cameron should have in his Silom Soi 4 bars - where fat katoeys abound

Liked

I seem to recall that the original owner was a Canadian who only infrequently visited Thailand to check on his "investment". It was certainly a jolly place. Does anyone else own a pair of Happy Boy socks that were sold as souvenirs? Its demise was, as already observed, largely, I suspect, because it was off the beaten track. Even walking a few hundred extra paces to get there from the main Sunee drags was too much for some.
    "The fruits of peace and tranquility... are the greatest goods... while those of its opposite, strife, are unbearable evils. Hence we ought to wish for peace, to seek it if we do not already have it, to conserve it once it is attained, and to repel with all our strength the strife which is opposed to it. To this end individual[s]... and in even greater degree groups and communities are obliged to help one another... from the bond or law of human society." [Marsilio dei Mainardini (c.1275-1342), Defensor Pacis]

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Marsilius View Post
    . . . Does anyone else own a pair of Happy Boy socks that were sold as souvenirs?
    Your question, quoted above, Marsilius, prompted me to check out my sock drawer and right at the back I found four pairs (See photo below). On almost every visit to Happy Boys, in addition to leaving with a cute young man, I would also leave with three or four pairs of socks. From memory, I think they were priced at 100 Baht a pair.

When Happy Boys closed, I replenished my stock at either Patpong market or Silom Road market in Bangkok and still have one unused pair (circled) bought from one of those markets. As well as buying them for my own use, I used to buy them for friends here in the UK who thought they looked rather cute. But despite searching in Patpong market during my last two or three visits I was unable to find any, and wonder if they have stopped producing them.

Socks.jpg
    Remember: Coughs and sneezes spread diseases

4. 6 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (March 12th, 2022), dab69 (March 13th, 2022), francois (March 12th, 2022), goji (March 13th, 2022), Marsilius (March 13th, 2022), Oliver2 (March 12th, 2022)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Proust had his madeleine moment , a taste which always brought back memories; I now have my Happy Boy socks. Happy Boys, Happy Memories.

6. User who gave Like to post:

Dodger (March 13th, 2022)

Liked

I had forgotten about the socks until Jellybean brought up the topic. Happy Memories.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

When Fonzie "jumped the shark"

Wait.
    Maybe that was Happy Days...