Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Why Did Happy Boys Die?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Liked

Why Did Happy Boys Die?

Rather than extend existing threads, I noticed that Happy Boys was mentioned more than once. I only went a few times, but each time there were several other customers. I'm wondering if anyone knows why the bar closed. I know it was years ago. Was it the location being outside Sunee? Only twinks dancing? It seemed pretty much on the Eros model although far smaller.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Why Did Happy Boys Die?

Location, location, location....one hundred and fifty metres is a huge distance for a Pattaya bar-fly!

I went on a couple of occasions and considered it a cut above other post-2000 go go bars; for one thing, the guys actually danced. Yes, really. And certainly it was a twink-heaven. The downstairs behaviour was more decorous- the upstairs allowed more intimate activities- than that in Eros. And the guys better-looking in my opinion.

It was a unique setup and and so I return to the issue of location for its demise.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver2 View Post
    Location, location, location....one hundred and fifty metres is a huge distance for a Pattaya bar-fly!
    I agree the location was not ideal. Indeed it was a few visits before I even knew it existed.

But as it seems to have had a degree of popularity among the few posters here, presumably it had other customers. If the owner did not leave the country, I'd have thought moving the bar into Sunee might surely have increased its clientele. Never been to Winner and so cannot compare. I just know that there was a lot of interaction between the boys in Happy Boys, they did more than a shot-shoe shuffle and actually smiled a lot - so unusual in so many bars - and they were very friendly. Most of all they seemed to be enjoying themselves and it was infectious.

4. User who gave Like to post:

francois (March 4th, 2022)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I think in "normal" times Happy Boys may have survived, but when they first opened Sunee was SOOOOOO HOT that there was very little reason for anyone to stumble outside the Sunee Circle.

Liked

I always used to visit gogo bars with the intention of offing someone back to my hotel. I may do so in the future, if gogo bars reopen.

Happy Boys opened an upstairs section and the boys seemed quite happy to offer upstairs service, rather than go back to the hotel. The last one I offed from there was very pleasant on the premises, but was a dud once in the hotel room. The last total dud I've had in Pattaya, which is says how good it is in Pattaya, as that's quite a few years ago.
    I suspect he couldn't wait to get back to the bar to continue doing quickies on the premises.

I didn't off any one from there again. Perhaps that's a one off experience, but if it were repeated, it would be one reason why the bar did not thrive.
    Another would be the underlying decline in the gogo market.

Liked

And the guys were mainly fem.

I had a regular off from there. His name was Olay and he was the only masculine guy in the bar.

Liked

I was a regular there for several years. The angled mirror that allowed one to view activities upstairs from downstairs didn’t really work though. Just before it closed the difference between what went on upstairs and down rather relaxed and the fee for upstairs was dropped. But it was a rather lonely walk down the Soi from the other Bars. I have photos taken upstairs of a guy called “Em” but I can’t remember the name of another favourite who had the longest eyelashes I’ve ever seen on a guy.

Liked

Eventually there were 3 levels to Happy Boys Bar. The 3rd level had individual rooms for offs with the boys, but, I found it disappointing, performance wise. The second level was a lot of fun! My fav boy was a straight guy who loved to kiss! I would be "playing" with him as another lad would be doing me. Those were the days.
    I think its demise had something to do with the owner, likely not making enough money.
    Drinks were inexpensive and the boys did dance and were friendly.

Liked

Wasn't the owner the same as "Winner Boys"? I seem to remember something of the sort at the time.

Liked

I think Happy Boys was owned by Eros.