Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New Changes for Entry to the Kingdom

No Platformed
    Liked

Re: New Changes for Entry to the Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by StevieWonders View Post
    Here is a schedule of premium costs supplied to a friend of mine for older applicants from Pacific Prime. I'm not sure what the posting rules are for email addresses but I am seeking an email address to which you can write (as did my friend who got these quotes). Jellybaby, please advise

Attachment 12389

It's the 50,000 coverage, not the now lesser value
    The email address at Pacific Prime and my friend has sought permission and been given permission to use it publicly is natthawat.tassana@pacificprime.com Sadly there’s no profit in this for me

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Brad the Impala View Post
    Posters have previously provided links to hotels/bars/travel agents/massage venues etc, without ever being asked to make this sort of declaration.
    Posters were posted public information from public sites. Now we are talking about non-public information.
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

3. User who gave Like to post:

StevieWonders (March 11th, 2022)

Liked

They need to END the PASS AND GO...and the damn Insurance...all a rip off....

5. User who gave Like to post:

jimnbkk (March 13th, 2022)

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Blueskytoday View Post
    That record seems to have a crack in it, plus it's making a dreadful whining sound

7. User who gave Like to post:

Brad the Impala (March 11th, 2022)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Blueskytoday View Post
    I'm with you on this.

I plan to travel for a two week holiday in April.

I have just paid out 4,500 baht to an SHA+ hotel for quarantine and testing for one night.

I've also paid 2,600 baht for covid insurance.

Before I leave for Thailand I will have to arrange and pay for a pre-flight PCR test, which is expensive here at about 3,000 baht.

It adds up to a lot of unnecessary expense, over 10,000 baht, for a vaccinated tourist.

I would imagine that its a major turn-off for many travelers.

9. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Blueskytoday (March 12th, 2022), jimnbkk (March 13th, 2022)

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    I'm with you on this.

I plan to travel for a two week holiday in April.

I have just paid out 4,500 baht to an SHA+ hotel for quarantine and testing for one night.

I've also paid 2,600 baht for covid insurance.

Before I leave for Thailand I will have to arrange and pay for a pre-flight PCR test, which is expensive here at about 3,000 baht.

It adds up to a lot of unnecessary expense, over 10,000 baht, for a vaccinated tourist.

I would imagine that its a major turn-off for many travelers.
    I don’t disagree BUT you would incur exactly the same costs if you had chosen Singapore. Many countries - Australia and Canada (I believe) for example, - require a PCR test before you step on the plane to fly there. Some countries are being very cautious. Many European countries are being less cautious. And you are right, it’s a turn off for many travellers. But it’s the “new normal “ and everyone will be doing a cost-benefit analysis as you have done. For some who are here now the costs of quarantine were exceeded by the benefits of the lure of brown skinned prostitutes and they are “enjoying” a partly locked down Thailand that they hadn’t included or perhaps they had discounted in their “risk analysis”

But whining about it won’t change government policies

No Platformed
    Liked

An erlderly fully vaccinated (including booster) friend of mine is planning travel to Thailand in June so the costs he faces are:
    • PCR test before leaving his home country (Australia) say 1500 baht
    • Mandatory insurance (remembering that Thailand has a total obsession with health insurance. Even elderly retirees can't get a visa without some) say another 1500 baht,, maybe more
    • Test & Go hotel & mandatory PCR test, maybe another 1500 baht
    • PCR test before leaving Thailand to return to his home country (Australia) say 1500 baht

Is his trip worth say 6,000 baht to him? As he says, that's a lot of boys. He does say "I'll be escaping the local winter" - which is the sort of thing wimps say, we have a couple of posters here who say that sort of thing

Some uncertainties:
    • Will the Test & Go hotel & mandatory PCR test still be around in June? There's some pressure in Thailand from tourism bodies & hoteliers to abandon it, so he won't be booking that until a month before his departure date
    • Mandatory insurance - will the new inwards passenger charge include/replace the COVID insurance requirement? - won't know until May/June
    • Australia has replaced the inbound PCR test with a rapid test, but there'll still be some documentation at some cost the arline will require

12. User who gave Like to post:

Blueskytoday (March 12th, 2022)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I've cancelled seven trips to Thailand thanks to Covid, saving a lot of money. I suppose I'm fortunate in that I don't give a d**n about the few thousand baht needed to gain entry. What I do care about is the the anxiety and inconvenience caused by current arrangements.

14. 2 Users gave Like to post:

francois (March 12th, 2022), maump (March 12th, 2022)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver2 View Post
    care about is the the anxiety and inconvenience caused by current arrangements.
    Yeah, but isn't it one of the main purposes for going to Thailand? Works wonders to relieve anxiety and stress.

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    Yeah, but isn't it one of the main purposes for going to Thailand? Works wonders to relieve anxiety and stress.
    Another friend describes it as “my charity work”