Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New Changes for Entry to the Kingdom

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

2. 3 Users gave Like to post:

dab69 (February 26th, 2022), Dboy (February 24th, 2022), maump (February 26th, 2022)

Liked

Re: Nice Boys In Sunee

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    Agreed. Now they have abolished the second test, the probability of testing positive on arrival is very low, particularly after taking sensible precautions before and during the trip.
    Also, any additional costs are likely to be offset by low hotel prices.
    Really that easy?

Cannot find out from Thailand if my USA vaccine card will pass until it is submitted. must buy duplicative insurance policies acceptable to Thailand, and the rumor (reality?) of positive test fraud and mandatory hospitalization scheme. separate negative test ignored as not admissible.

I'm skeptical. just bought a ticket to Colombia, then after 30 days maybe Philippines if Thailand is still in half lockdown. Id like to come to Thailand, i love the men and the food. wanted to experience Songkran but....

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by maump View Post
    Really that easy?

I'm skeptical. just bought a ticket to Colombia, then after 30 days maybe Philippines if Thailand is still in half lockdown. Id like to come to Thailand, i love the men and the food. wanted to experience Songkran but....
    I read the article in another thread of reduction in entry requirements on march 1. maybe end of March, I will fly to BKK.

No Platformed
    Liked

I read the article in another thread of reduction in entry requirements on march 1. maybe end of March, I will fly to BKK.
    The entry requirement is that you must have a "Thailand Pass". The requirements for a Thailand Pass are (you will need to verify these after 1 March)
    • Evidence of vaccination status and vaccines received
    • Evidence of an insurance policy should you need to be hospitalised for COVID while in Thailand for the cover of USD 20,000 (previously 50,000)
    • Evidence that you have a 1-night Test & Go hotel booking for your first night in Thailand (same as proposed arrival date)
    • Proposed date of arrival (a firm booking is assumed)

The requirements are the same if you fly into DMK if you're using one of the Bangkok airports; they don't just apply to BKK

As I understand the new requirement for the Day Five Test is that your Test & Go hotel will give you a Rapid Test Kit when you check out; you must self-administer the test on Day Five, take a photo of the result in the Test Kit, and end it to the hotel (that's my understanding; you would need to verify)

Liked

Cannot find out from Thailand if my USA vaccine card will pass until it is submitted. must buy duplicative insurance policies acceptable to Thailand

A copy of your paper US CDC vaccine card is acceptable for the Thailand Pass approval.

A US insurance policy is also acceptable, as long as it meets the current requirements. It does not have to be an insurance policy purchased from a Thai company. So there is no need to purchase a duplicate policy.

I recently returned home from a one month long trip to Thailand. The approval of my Thailand Pass using my US vaccine card and a US insurance policy took less than one week.
    Last edited by daydreamer; February 27th, 2022 at 07:46. Reason: grammar

7. User who gave Like to post:

Blueskytoday (February 28th, 2022)

Liked

Thank you. I was under the impression that a Thai insurance scheme was required. This does sound much more reasonable that it was before.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by daydreamer View Post
    A copy of your paper US CDC vaccine card is acceptable for the Thailand Pass approval.

A US insurance policy is also acceptable, as long as it meets the current requirements. It does not have to be an insurance policy purchased from a Thai company. So there is no need to purchase a duplicate policy.

I recently returned home from a one month long trip to Thailand. The approval of my Thailand Pass using my US vaccine card and a US insurance policy took less than one week.
    Thank you! I am getting some hope. what kind of USA insurance documentation did you provide Thai pass??

No Platformed
    Liked

Thank you! I am getting some hope. what kind of USA insurance documentation did you provide Thai pass??
    Friends of mine used a policy bought through InsureMyTrip. No COVID policy sold by a Thai company will insure anyone older than their mid-seventies. One Thai site he looked at that would insure someone older was called "Mister Prakan" where the only policy on offer was for something like 2 million baht coverage, way more than the current requirement, and wanted to slug him 5,000 for a month's coverage. If you're old and decrepit Thailand doesn't welcome you any more

Liked

I provided a copy of the one page summary letter from the policy I purchased. That one page was sufficient for the Thai Pass people to verify my coverage.

I compared many travel policies on squaremouth.com, and chose a policy that covered Thailand for health, trip cancellation, and trip interruption. Squaremouth makes it very easy to compare the large number of policies available from numerous companies.

No Platformed
    Liked

It seems that this site will sell a policy for older travellers - a US site rather than a Thai site -https://www.worldtrips.com/