List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Who here has owned a gay bar in Asia?

No Platformed
    Liked

Re: Who here has owned a gay bar in Asia?

Quote Originally Posted by latintopxxx View Post
    ....thats mean...LOL...
    Just playing to my strengths

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    I'm curious, who here on SGT has started their own gay bar in SE Asia? What was it like? Any stories and experiences to share, good and/or bad? Pitfalls to be forewarned of aside from the obvious ones?

It'll be grant. Some people work out of cubicles in whatever sadville city, I'll work out of a gay bar in SE Asia that I own. That sounds great. Thankfully I'm young enough to still have some lead in my pencil, so should hopefully be good times ahead.
    I can only testify to my own failure in the USA at a club. under capitalized, fought by other business owners who controlled the zoning and police, too few people to trust and working a separate 72 hour a week job.

that being said. I will be happy to be your customer! Where will you open the club?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by maump View Post
    that being said. I will be happy to be your customer! Where will you open the club?
    Vientiane. No worries about trust on my end, as the two that will be overseeing the place I fully trust. It'll be their responsibility to keep the rest of the staff in line. I won't be working the place anyway, and will moreless just be a silent owner who hangs out with a beer and laptop, and watches the books, provides advice to the two running it, et al.

Won't view it as a for profit venture anyway. Maybe make some on the exit, but that's probably the best I can hope for. I just think it'd be a great time in life, plus I'd rather the two guys that will be in my life to work for a living instead of hoping I'll just support them, and I know they'd prefer that to.

Not a gogo bar or anything. Nice pub style place, good food, ambient music, and just staffed with a bunch of cute enterprising gay guys looking to cash in on their youth in exchange for providing pleasure to others. I'll make sure they wear good looking work clothes with tight fitting dress pants for everyone though, haha.

No Platformed
    Liked

Vientiane. .. Not a gogo bar or anything. Nice pub style place, good food, ambient music, and just staffed with a bunch of cute enterprising gay guys looking to cash in on their youth in exchange for providing pleasure to others. I'll make sure they wear good looking work clothes with tight fitting dress pants for everyone though, haha.
    Have you found out how much "tea money" you'll need to pay the local constabulary? My understanding is the Lao government isn't very friendly towards the type of bar you describe. That was certainly before the pandemic. I guess with your record of having been denied entry after being deported and then black-listed in Thailand they'll be keeping a close eye on you, and that may increase the tea money "premium".

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by StevieWonders View Post
    Have you found out how much "tea money" you'll need to pay the local constabulary? My understanding is the Lao government isn't very friendly towards the type of bar you describe. That was certainly before the pandemic. I guess with your record of having been denied entry after being deported and then black-listed in Thailand they'll be keeping a close eye on you, and that may increase the tea money "premium".
    Not sure, will have to ask next time I talk to Leo. He knows a Belgium and Laos couple who own the same general type of gay bar, and I don't think they pay anything.

Again, it's not like it's going to be called Toy Boys with doormer, mamasans, loads of young and cute staff wearing nothing but white briefs, and lip sync shows thrown in. It'll be a typical open air pub / restaurant type of place. Only difference is it will be staffed with cute, well dressed gay guys who are welcome to chat to and make plans with the customers at their own desire and discretion.

Think typical beer bar you'd find in Sunnee, but not a hole in the wall type of place. Instead, more of a proper outdoor pub / restaurant type of place.

No Platformed
    Liked

Not sure, will have to ask next time I talk to Leo. He knows a Belgium and Laos couple who own the same general type of gay bar, and I don't think they pay anything.
    It's good to know you have a robust, thought-out business plan, with an appropriate SWOT analysis

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by StevieWonders View Post
    It's good to know you have a robust, thought-out business plan, with an appropriate SWOT analysis
    Oh, go sit on a stick and spin.

If I listened to shit like that, upon going blind and getting deported, I would have been pigeon holed in Canada working as a minimum wage waiter at some dark room restaurant. Fuck that idea, and I'm obviously thrilled that I kept my head down and stuck it out, because it's definitely paid off.

Dreams only come true if you're willing to venture into the unknown, and ignore people who like to put you down due to their own insecurities.

8. User who gave Like to post:

Ruthrieston (February 26th, 2022)

No Platformed
    Liked

people who like to put you down due to their own insecurities.
    Surely you realise I enjoy a good Matt put-down because i find it amusing. I’m entranced by the notion that a blind man could work as a waiter in a dark room restaurant. Is there a YouTube video you can share?

Liked

Google is your friend.

Those dining rooms in dark room restaurants are pitch black. Naturally, blind folks make good waiters in those places.

Liked

...as the two that will be overseeing the place I fully trust.
    Cringe! Most of my Thai friends, I wouldn't trust to organize a fuck in a brothel*. But situation in Myanmar and Cambodia is better (own experience), and I assume the same applies to Lao, based on friends' experiences. Good luck on both points (trust and oversee).

*Original in German: Dem wuerde ich kaum zutrauen, einen Fick in einem Puff zu organisieren.

I'll make sure they wear good looking work clothes with tight fitting dress pants for everyone though, haha.
    How?