Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TAT to use boy love to promote tourism

Liked

TAT to use boy love to promote tourism

No, not a return to the bad early days of Sunee, but "boy love" TV series!

From the Bangkok Post this morning:

Emerging trends could be mined, [Thanet Phetsuwan, TAT deputy governor] said, such as the popularity of so-called "Thai Boy Love TV dramas" in South Korea.
    Fans of Boy Love TV dramas form part of the LGBTQIA+ community in South Korea and constitute a potential segment, said Mr Thanet.

He said soft power from influencers and media such as Boy Love TV series (Y series) could include collaborations between Thai actors or Korean producers to inspire tourists to visit Thailand.

Films have swayed tourist markets in the past, with the popularity of Lost in Thailand leading to an avalanche of Chinese visitors.

I can’t even be bothered to be apathetic these days!

Liked

Re: TAT to use boy love to promote tourism

If this thread will start coming up in google search results for the two words term that you used in thread title, we will be famous.

Thai television producers may not have idea what connotation these two words carry in English, this Thai show, in Thai language, you do, very likely everyone here does. Why these two words in English language? There is a reason this term is reserved for dark web, it means one thing only, so why use these two words here, Thai adult gay board? You may feel that being the name of Thai tv show gives you a reasonable 'out', it doesn't.

This is what Frequent used to do often, intentional borderline 'jokes' and doublespeak regarding monarchy, knowing what happens to this board after a complaint.

Liked

This term is now in quotation marks, thank you.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDutch View Post
    There is a reason this term is reserved for dark web, it means one thing only
    "Boy Love" does not mean one thing only, in the way you are implying. In this particular instance, it clearly has an innocent use. Most native English speakers I know would assume it's innocent.

I don't knowingly use the "dark web", so will leave comments on that to those who have more experience of it.

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    "Boy Love" does not mean one thing only, in the way you are implying. In this particular instance, it clearly has an innocent use. Most native English speakers I know would assume it's innocent.

I don't knowingly use the "dark web", so will leave comments on that to those who have more experience of it.
    MBL as an organisation predates the "dark web"

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by StevieWonders View Post
    MBL as an organisation predates the "dark web"
    enlighten us - we are not all baseball or German high-end audio fans!

Liked

So who wants to list their favorite "boy love" series? I remember when we used to speak fondly of the latest gay movies like Sweet Boy, Love is Coming, Love Love You, Water Boys......?

Go to youtube for many "BL" series Some favorites Love Sick the Series (1 and 2), SOTUS (1 and 2), Love By Chance, Together With Me, Bad Buddy, Water Boy, Tharn Type....

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by maump View Post
    So who wants to list their favorite "boy love" series? I remember when we used to speak fondly of the latest gay movies like Sweet Boy, Love is Coming, Love Love You, Water Boys......?

Go to youtube for many "BL" series Some favorites Love Sick the Series (1 and 2), SOTUS (1 and 2), Love By Chance, Together With Me, Bad Buddy, Water Boy, Tharn Type....
    Why did you miss out Call Me By Your Name? I've never thought of eating a peach in the same way after watching that one

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by StevieWonders View Post
    Why did you miss out Call Me By Your Name? I've never thought of eating a peach in the same way after watching that one
    I posited in 2018 that the peach growers association had missed their opportunity with Call Me By Your Name but it is not targeted at 13 yo schoolgirls so it is not really a "boy love" movie in the same sense as the other listed series

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by bkkguy View Post
    I posited in 2018 that the peach growers association had missed their opportunity with Call Me By Your Name but it is not targeted at 13 yo schoolgirls so it is not really a "boy love" movie in the same sense as the other listed series
    My brother was telling me recently that there’s a push to educate school kids about “consent”. I was musing that perhaps “Call Me By Your Name” included a number of episodes where “informed consent” was problematic and should be mandatory viewing for such a course