Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Go Go Boys in Thailand

Liked: 1

Go Go Boys in Thailand

Hi Guys,

I’ve been to Thailand a few times now, and frequented a few of the go go bars but never really understood how the process works, who to tip, how much to tip and often find my self just walking out overwhelmed by it.

Looking for answers I can’t seem to find any post that are written after 2014 that talk about appropriate tips, or what the average “off” rate is to a bar or what the recommended/expected short time or long time rates are on average.

There have been a few times I’ve spoken to and see guys in these bars that I would of loved to take back to my hotel and this trip would really like to.

I would appreciate any advice, and reading updated informations on what it costs to off a go go boy these days.

I’m spending time in both Bangkok and Phuket.

2. User who gave Like to post:

Lovechef (February 17th, 2022)

No Platformed
    Liked

Re: Go Go Boys in Thailand

In the better bars that’s how the mamasan system works. You'll be spotted as a newbie, the mamasan will ask you what you’re after and which guy you find attractive, and you can ask about the tip. It will be exaggerated and the mamasan will later split it with the guy as a commission. That’s the Bangkok style; I can’t answer for the trashy bars in Pattaya and I haven’t been to Phuket for years and years. My recollection is that it was the same way of doing things except there are fewer bars and many fewer boys

I can’t answer for costs except you will be encouraged to spend, spend, spend, buying the mamasan and the guy a drink as well as the “off” fee which is what you pay the bar to remove the guy from the premises. You could spend, as a newbie, at least 5,000 for starters, and possibly 10,000. Being a newbie is not a cheap exercise I'm afraid

4. User who gave Like to post:

pong (November 22nd, 2022)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Plan to pay around 500 baht for off fees...tip 1,500 THB for short times...and a little extra for overnight stays.

If a guy wants more than 1,500 THB, politely decline and find another boy.

Make sure the hotel you book doesn't charge joiner fees.

Pay for a boys services only - nothing more.

Enjoy!

Liked

I think it actually depends on which part of Thailand you are in.

In Bangkok, any payment of 1500 for short time from a Gogo boy is likely to result in him asking for more. Even if the same lad would readily ask for 1500 or even less if you have met him on the apps.

In Pattaya, tipping somewhere mid way between 1000 and 1500 short time is likely to produce a big smile and have the guy trying to get more offs. Although certain bars, such as Toy Boys had their lads trained to say "Toy Boys tip is 1500". About 3 years ago, when Toy Boys was open, I was chatting to one of their lads on Grindr and he asked "how much do you pay?". I said "Minimum 1000" and he said "Can I come now ?"
    (Naturally I tipped significantly more than that minimum figure)

2000 clearly seems to be the long time rate in Pattaya.

This is all a little bit academic at present, since there are almost no Gogo bars open.
    My meet ups are mostly via phone apps. There have been cases where a lad says "you must tip me xxxx". The figure mentioned was below my normal tip, so he gets more than requested.

[I have carefully avoided mentioning how much I tip, since it will inevitably result in some saying I tip too low, others saying I tip too high and none of those critics saying how much they tip themselves.]

Forum's veteran
    Liked

There was even a nice book about it all (seems to be put on the web somewhere, as I understand) (the name was TMOT=The Men of Thailand) and on the other forum (gayguides) there are links to saved postings from what was named bangkokbois that has some hilarious explanations about it all.
    What you cannot escape to pay: 1 drink and the off-fee (the latter can, if you can convince your favoured guy to wait for you-or you for him, when bar closes). You will be painted as a ´cheap charlie´ by doing that. For 1st timers it is generally recommended to make a deal about tips beforehand, but I never do that and nor do boys ask, but I speak Thai so they know I have some experience. If you want some special acts to do (=mostly if HE will bottom) then talk about that to make sure he will, ´can´ is quite another thing. In general BKK prices (and even more PHuket) are quoted as higher as in Pattaya.
    IF you are all too nervous about this-start with a treatment in one of the dozens of massageshops that do ´male only´ and where more as just msg is expected. They all have listed prices for treatment and suggested-also on that menu- for the ´tip´=mostly from 1000.

Liked

================there are links to saved postings from what was named bangkokbois============

https://bangkokbois.sawatdeenetwork.com/ bangkokbois is site in our network
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Forum's veteran
    Liked

....as someone who has enjoyed the services of dozens (see im toning it down...would usually say thousands) of mbs over the last 30 years.....i find the input rather sensible...none of this nonsense that you need to throw cash at them like a big fat greek wedding....no need to mplace them on a pedastal and worship them...somehow treat them like your life partner....that said in the last 10 years I could count on 1 hand the number i've offed in a gogo bar.....far cheaper off the apps...i'd pop in...enjoy the show.....but almost never go through the trauma of engaging with and compensating a mamasan...

Liked

I always paid 2,000 bt short time (2 hours?) in Bangkok. Maybe 2,500 for meal, then sex, take one's time. 3,000 all night (2am to 8am). Less in Pattaya. On Silom cruising at 2am 1,000 ish is not ridiculous. Sadly I am not up to date.

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by pong View Post
    There was even a nice book about it all (seems to be put on the web somewhere, as I understand) (the name was TMOT=The Men of Thailand)
    My favourite piece of idiocy from that book was a suggestion that visitors from abroad should change their diet for the weeks before going to Thailand so that their "smell" would not be offensive to the money boys
    Quote Originally Posted by Mancs View Post
    I always paid 2,000 bt short time (2 hours?) in Bangkok. Maybe 2,500 for meal, then sex, take one's time. 3,000 all night (2am to 8am). Less in Pattaya. On Silom cruising at 2am 1,000 ish is not ridiculous. Sadly I am not up to date.
    For a local or a regular visitor that sets a reasonable expectation. However the OP set his questions in the context of not knowing how to behave in a gogo bar having spotted a likely companion. I've posted on several occasions that I never pay more than 1,500 and have a regular coterie of guys I see individually or severally to whom I pay a regular stipend. It's easy enough on the Apps to reply "Good luck" when the guy proposes a ridiculous amount, and If I say I'm looking for a group situation, telling the guy what I'm paying the other(s) almost inevitably results in a drop (known in retail, I believe, as "price matching" as opposed to the price gouging the guys might be attempting). However I've never found a mamasan in the bars when I used to go open to the suggestion of "buy one, get one free"

Forum's veteran
    Liked

...nah stevie...when they propose a high price I counter with praise...u so high society..."u must be very good...toooo expensive for me"...can catch more flies with honey than vinegar...invariably will gey a laughing emoji with a price drop...

13. User who gave Like to post:

Dodger (February 17th, 2022)