Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: This rumor/thread in ThaiVisa is gonna scare and piss off lots of us

Liked

Re: This rumor/thread in ThaiVisa is gonna scare and piss off lots of us

I don't have the link, but did read some articles that effective 1 October, those using the OA Visa will be able to self insure. No specific information was given on what documents will be needed to satisfy Immigration. The article was based on a Ministry of Public Health announcement. So Immigration will no doubt be issuing their requirements for documenting proof prior to the effective date - as usual, the devil will be in the details.

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by 2lz2p View Post
    I don't have the link, but did read some articles that effective 1 October, those using the OA Visa will be able to self insure. No specific information was given on what documents will be needed to satisfy Immigration. The article was based on a Ministry of Public Health announcement. So Immigration will no doubt be issuing their requirements for documenting proof prior to the effective date - as usual, the devil will be in the details.
    So it seems - 3 million baht
    https://www.huahintoday.com/hua-hin-...o-self-insure/
    https://www.pattayamail.com/latestne...-insure-387715

Forum's veteran
    Liked

So Immigration will no doubt be issuing their requirements for documenting proof prior to the effective date - as usual, the devil will be in the details.
    The "Agents" are gonna luv it.

Liked

Wonder if they'll accept a message signed with a bitcoin private key as proof.

Liked

Here is updated article dated 16 Feb in Pattaya Mail: https://www.pattayamail.com/latestne...forward-389616

There is no information yet if self-insurance will be acceptable to Thai immigration for annual extensions of stay of O/A.

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    Wonder if they'll accept a message signed with a bitcoin private key as proof.
    Yes, it's a WA visa

Liked

The fear I have about being in possession of health insurance in a country like Thailand is the prospect of being told that you need treatment for something that is not broken! Imagine turning up at the Bangkok Pattaya Hospital with a painful toe.
    "Doctor, my toe hurts."
    "Okay, no problem, do you have comprehensive health insurance?"
    "Sure, why do you ask? It's only a sore toe, I can pay you cash for the consultation, possible x-ray and prescription."
    "Ah but....Toe bone connected to the foot bone
    Foot bone connected to the heel bone
    Heel bone connected to the ankle bone
    Ankle bone connected to the leg bone
    Leg bone connected to the knee bone
    Knee bone connected to the thigh bone
    Thigh bone connected to the hip bone
    Hip bone connected to the back bone
    Back bone connected to the shoulder bone
    Shoulder bone connected to the neck bone
    Neck bone connected to the head bone
    so you see, the problem starts in your head and your heart rules your head, so you must have a triple by-pass. Sign here please."

8. User who gave Like to post:

Ruthrieston (February 17th, 2022)

No Platformed
    Liked

Stick to not-for-profit hospitals such as, in Bangkok, Saint Louis or Bangkok Christian

10. User who gave Like to post:

poshglasgow (February 17th, 2022)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by poshglasgow View Post
    The fear I have about being in possession of health insurance in a country like Thailand is the prospect of being told that you need treatment for something that is not broken! Imagine turning up at the Bangkok Pattaya Hospital with a painful toe.
    "Doctor, my toe hurts."
    "Okay, no problem, do you have comprehensive health insurance?"

In the 20 years I have been using Bangkok Hospital Pattaya, I have never had a doctor ask me about insurance when doing a consultation. I have found the doctors to be quite competent and have recommended diagnostic procedures and/or surgery only when it was needed - based on my symptoms/condition I saw no need to question the tests/treatment the doctor recommended.

In once case when I had fractured shoulder, the Doctor actually recommended against surgery saying it was a small hairline fracture and would heal on its on. When the doctors have recommended any costly treatment, it is me that has brought up my insurance and dealt with administrative staff about getting health insurance approval. In another case several years ago, based on my symptoms, the doctor ordered additional tests and based on the results said I needed to be admitted immediately for treatment -- the diagnosis showed I had a pulmonary embolism, a life threatening condition. In that case, I paid the bill. When I submitted my claim to my USA health insurance, they agreed and reimbursed me the cost.

I have found that if BHP is direct billing for insurance, the price is substantially higher then if you are self paying and, if you have it, filing a claim with your health insurance for reimbursement - about 40% higher. In my case, my inpatient is covered 100% by my insurance and for the past few years BHP has direct billed my health insurance, which requires them to submit information on symptoms and need for their recommended treatment. However, for outpatient care, my insurance reimburses me 85%. Since I am paying 15% of the bill, I pay BHP and claim reimbursement.

12. 4 Users gave Like to post:

Dodger (February 17th, 2022), jvt22222 (February 18th, 2022), Kenny (February 19th, 2022), poshglasgow (February 19th, 2022)

Liked

In the 20 years I have been using Bangkok Hospital Pattaya, I have never had a doctor ask me about insurance when doing a consultation.
    My experience is the same as yours, and for longer than 20 years - before Bangkok Hospital Pattaya even existed. At the time, the only hospital in Pattaya was Memorial Hospital, which is still in operation today and is still excellent.

Maybe I'm wrong, but before the "experts" and people who don't live here and probably have never been inside Bangkok Hospital Pattaya start posting nonsense, wouldn't it make more sense simply to ask those of us who actually know what they are talking about if some of these negative goings on really do happen? For some strange reason I think what those of us with genuine experience can provide more reliable information than those who just make it up.

Again, there is no evidence whatsoever that Thailand is going to up the fees, especially 3 times as much - and that includes the OP's anonymous friend who tells the OP that he has inside information - information he has, but no one else has and no media leaks either.

If anyone is going to be 'scared and pissed off', may I suggest at least waiting until there is something to be scared and pissed off about . . . ?

14. User who gave Like to post:

jvt22222 (February 18th, 2022)