Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Feeling bad not paying half his rent

Liked

Re: Feeling bad not paying half his rent

When done well, hiring a prostitute is a good honest transaction. He provides services in return for money. In low cost countries, the price works well for both parties, as he's earning a multiple of the minimum wage and the customer can afford it.

Once we move away from prostitution into the separate matter of begging, it's mostly fiction and all about having a story that brings in the cash, whether true or not.

This can be the fake "homeless" in London. Sitting in a sleeping bag by in some busy location. Watch them for a few minutes and they will sneak a look at their iPhone. Which they have somehow managed to purchase and keep charged.

Many years ago, I remember seeing a "crippled" immigrant begging in Frankfurt. Half an hour later, she zoomed past me in the supermarket, with her crutch in the shopping trolley.

In Thailand, the request will be for money for food, rent, travelling to a funeral or something similar. Never to go out partying, which is what it may well be spent on.

Then, the stories don't always stack up. One lad, to his credit, didn't ask me for money, but wanted to meet a day earlier than agreed, as he was out of money after paying his rent. If so, why was he less active than normal on the phone apps in recent days?

The most innovative of all was a lad who couldn't log into his "crypto" account to retreive his money. He was asking for advice. As the conversation went on, it became ever clearer that he hadn't got any interest in solving the log on "problem" but was hoping I'd just make a donation. This lad has a number of farang sending money, which is why he can quote various exchange rates off the top of his head.

Now, if I go into a coffee shop for a coffee, I don't assume any moral responsibility for all the random expenses of the waiter.
    In principle, it's exactly the same with money boys. Particularly if met short time just once or twice.

2. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Andy (February 9th, 2022), christianpfc (February 9th, 2022)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

oh Lord...sooooo much typing...almost fell asleep....KISS....log on....say hi...agree on price/expectations....he shows up...looks like his pic...yay....performs...gets paid....doesnt perform....negotiate discount...or press eject button...hop back onto app...look for next ball drainer...

Liked

Goji wrote:

This lad has a number of farang sending money....
    I've always had grudging admiration for guys who can somehow have numerous farang willingly sending them money on a regular basis.

I have even more admiration for them when more than 1 farang turns up in town at the same time and he has to do a juggling act to entertain them both.

5. 2 Users gave Like to post:

goji (February 8th, 2022), Ruthrieston (February 9th, 2022)

Liked

I understand how you feel, vnman. I would say that his temperament made it impossible and you are not to blame.

I was also used to visiting Thailand and only recently ventured into South America (Colombia).

In my humble opinion, there is a difference. Their sob stories are often true, unlike in Thailand and .

I recently came back from another trip and I'd say half of the guys I met were "professionals" similar to Thailand's moneyboys, the other half were not.

In Medellin I met a boy named E, 18 years old, from Venezuela. We agreed that he would get 100 pesos (22€) for his services. He turned out to be a great guy and the next 4 days he spent his free time with me. He worked 10 hours a day in a bakery, 6 days a week for a salary of 450 pesos/month (100€) and a small room. He recently bought his first cell phone, a second-hand model that every Thai boy I know wouldn't look at twice. But it was his greatest treasure. The battery only lasted half an hour, so it didn't really bother me.

When I was about to leave Medellin, he reluctantly asked if I would give him the 100 pesos I promised him the first day.
    I completely forgot to tip him.. and that 100 pesos was meant for short time, not for 4 days.. He was quite pleased when I gave him substantially more than he asked for, but I almost left without giving him anything.

Another example was a boy in Cucuta who became furious when I tipped him and said "thanks for the great sex". He yelled at me that he was not a prostitute, threw the money in my face and walked away angrily. Even though we had discussed the activities and prices beforehand.

It's not Thailand.

7. 3 Users gave Like to post:

Brad the Impala (February 9th, 2022), christianpfc (February 9th, 2022), goji (February 9th, 2022)

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

Ah the latin temperament!

9. User who gave Like to post:

pasiontop (April 2nd, 2022)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by michaelx1992 View Post
    I understand how you feel, vnman. I would say that his temperament made it impossible and you are not to blame.

I was also used to visiting Thailand and only recently ventured into South America (Colombia).

In my humble opinion, there is a difference. Their sob stories are often true, unlike in Thailand and .

It's not Thailand.
    I am currently on grindr and Romeo negotiating with several men about being my guide translator and sex buddy. many are receptive and some just want to fuck an old white guy free (not really into the whole guide thing). after a bit cajoling to get a price, one hot 22 yro slim well hung versatile man came back and said 30 USD a day (what he thought was a high price?) I said I would do that.

I have a couple others I'm chatting with. no problem finding on Grindr/romeo. now I just need to tell the husband I'm going...

sigh

Liked

I never send money before I meet someone, and I have only sent money once to a boy I met only once. But boys I met several times, to my satisfaction, qualify for a bonus, mostly by online banking.

Your case (the same boy for several days) would fall into my category of being worth a bonus.

Last year in Cambodia, a straight German friend asked me how I refuse to send money online. I just say "No". I turns out he went into long discussion about the general economical situation of the world and his financial situation in particular, which just wasted his and the girl's time. Your example is similar, just say "no" (or in this case, "yes" as a bonus would have been in order).

12. User who gave Like to post:

Brad the Impala (February 10th, 2022)

Liked

I've never sent guys money on a regular basis, preferring to spend it with them when we go shopping. That at we both benefit.

He gets the goods and I get to see the look of delight in his face. It's that look which gives me so much satisfaction. I love seeing my 2 special guys happy.

I don't buy expensive things like iPhones, gold chains and the like. Usually it is just new clothes, shoes, credit for their phones and /internet, their favourite eau de toilette and a watch or two.

I did once offer to buy my Pattaya friend a new phone but he declined, saying that the phone he was using was good enough!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

of good God...NO...i hate shopping...would rather set my hair on fire and put it out with a sledge hammer before going shopping with a mb....nightmare stuff...

15. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (February 11th, 2022)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by latintopxxx View Post
    of good God...NO...i hate shopping...would rather set my hair on fire and put it out with a sledge hammer before going shopping with a mb....nightmare stuff...
    If you supply the matches, I'll supply the sledgehammer!

I happen to LOVE shopping and could happily spend the whole day in Siam Paragon. It's got everything I need, including lots of great restaurants.

I take my Pattaya friend to Central Festival. We have dinner and sometimes go shopping. Often it's just a case of us walking past a shop and me seeing something I think he would look nice in, such as a shirt or jeans. I want him to dress nicely.

17. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Dax (April 3rd, 2022), Ruthrieston (February 11th, 2022)