Page 98 of 282 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108148198 ... LastLast

Thread: The Brink of War?

Liked

Re: The Brink of War?

For Putin and Ukraine, I can.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    US also bombed hospitals in Afghanistan in 2015. And it wasn't qualified like a crime.
    For example: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kunduz_hospital_airstrike 42 killed. No sanctions.

At least in Ukraine it was empty (no civilians) building.
    Your comments are classic deflections, jack straw and red herring logical fallacies. You live in a bubble. And btw, Obama issued a formal apology, the world is waiting for Putin to do the same.

3. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Dax (March 15th, 2022), Ruthrieston (March 16th, 2022)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Gaybutton View Post
    The way I see it, if Putin wanted to do this, he had every reason to do it while Trump was president. Why did he wait for now?
    I'm assuming we'll never know why, as I'm sure there were lots of things happening behind the scenes leading up to this that we don't know about.

Nonetheless, one theory is why pick a fight with the US when you already have the US President wrapped around your finger running around the world doing your bidding for you? If you're going to pick a fight with the US, maybe best to wait until the President into your bitch, type of thing.

No Platformed
    Liked

I have been staying out of this and I intend to continue staying out of it, but I do have one question that has been bugging me. Why now? If Putin wanted to do this, why didn't he do it during Trump's presidency. I think we all know Trump liked and admired Putin. It would not have surprised me if Trump supported Putin in this. If not, if there were sanctions at all they probably would have been insignificant - more like a gentle slap on the wrist.

The way I see it, if Putin wanted to do this, he had every reason to do it while Trump was president. Why did he wait for now?
    Many here claim to be Buddhists and the one thing that Buddhism teaches is that speculation resolves nothing and leads to frustration, a form of suffering. the so-called 'Serenity Prayer" expresses the same sentiments - https://www.cincinnatichildrens.org/...er%20to%20Your

Liked

Because "red lines" were crossed: NATO military training camps on the Ukrainian ground, Ukraine started to talk about nuclear weapon and even got samples of plutonium 239 from US, also Minsk 2 protocol wasn't implemented for 8 years. As well Zelensky's support rating dropped below 20% from 70+ 2 years ago.
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Up2U View Post
    Your comments are classic deflections, jack straw and red herring logical fallacies. You live in a bubble. And btw, Obama issued a formal apology, the world is waiting for Putin to do the same.
    I think you may expect Putin's apology right after US's apologies for nuclear bombing of Japanese civilians
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

No Platformed
    Liked

From a confidential financial markets update I’ve just received: “ Russia’s economy is fraying, its currency has collapsed, and its debt is junk. Next up is a potential default that could cost investors billions and shut the country out of most funding markets.
    Warning lights are flashing as the government kickstarts the process of paying $117 million ($163 million) in interest on dollar bonds on Wednesday, a key moment for debt holders who’ve already seen the value of their investments plunge since Russia invaded Ukraine last month.

Liked

Don't worry, Moses said Russia has some gold bars tucked away. Everything is fine.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    I think you may expect Putin's apology right after US's apologies for nuclear bombing of Japanese civilians
    Putin needs to apologize to the Russian people first, but he’s too busy lying to them and turning the country into China’s client state. What will follow is a dismantling of Russia when China asserts its claims on the territories it lost to Russia as a result of “Unequal Treaties”.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unequal_treaty

11. User who gave Like to post:

Andy (March 16th, 2022)

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by alvnv View Post
    Putin needs to apologize to the Russian people first, but he’s too busy lying to them and turning the country into China’s client state. What will follow is a dismantling of Russia when China asserts its claims on the territories it lost to Russia as a result of “Unequal Treaties”.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unequal_treaty
    It seems that China intends to help Russia with armaments, which in this age of tit-for-tat could bring sanctions down on it from the anti-Russian nations