No Platformed
    Liked

Re: The Brink of War?

Even the board games can be used
    A010E080-8E4C-4382-AAA6-431B299C91FD.jpeg

No Platformed
    Liked

One interesting aspect is India’s failure to criticise Russia. There’s always the possibility of further arned conflict on the India-China border, China Is Russia’s soulmate as an anti democratic, authoritarian power. But wait. Who supplies the Indian army? Russia is a long-time arms supplier to India. The Indians won’t criticise such an essential supplier. AFAIK Russia is India’s only arms supplier. I guess the new “Quad” bloc (USA, Japan, Australia and India) against China could change that

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by StevieWonders View Post
    I guess the new “Quad” bloc (USA, Japan, Australia and India) against China could change that

CANZUK will take care of it.

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    CANZUK will take care of it.
    You're suggesting they rely on Justin?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by StevieWonders View Post
    You're suggesting they rely on Justin?
    No, Gretzky. He is the Great One afterall.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post

.......Yet, folks like you seem to think Putin's new war on terror is just fine and dandy.
    I really believe that it's a very small percentage of Russian people who actually support Putin's actions - with most Russians being just as shocked and appalled as everyone else.

The protests we're witnessing in Russia may represent a very small percentage of the total Russian population (as Moses was quick to point out) but when you consider the potential consequences of protesting against Russia's government it's not surprising at all. Considering the fact that a person can be imprisoned or even executed for protesting against The Great and Powerful Putin I'm shocked as hell that any of them are brave enough to openly protest as they are.

It's easy to take the freedoms we have in the West for granted at times like this, especially when it comes to basic rights like freedom of speech, freedom of the press, freedom to protest, etc.. In our countries we can say anything we want, at any time or place we want, regardless if it's our own governments we're talking about or not. In Russia (Mosses please correct me on this if needed) you can be imprisoned, and possibly even executed for exercising these very same basic freedoms.

Most of the people I interact with in America are willing to accept higher gas prices for as long as it takes if the end result is ridding the planet of Putin. U.S. lawmakers are apparently considering banning all energy imports from Russia - which they should have probably done already. Higher costs for a while...no problem. Most people seem to realize the potential adverse consequences of allowing Putin to reign terror on the world. "Enough is enough" is the most common phrase I'm hearing from Americans right now.

7. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Andy (March 4th, 2022), Ruthrieston (March 5th, 2022)

Liked

Wonderful, Russian military action has started a fire at the large nuclear power plane in Ukraine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9U8u0nKS52E

Start another Chernobyl, that'll teach those damn Ukrainians a lesson not to mess with Russia.

Liked

I'm a little saddened the Russian soldiers aren't wearing exo-skeletons. Maybe they're saving those for the invasion of Poland.

No Platformed
    Liked

The Entire staff of the Russian TV channel “the rain” resigned during a live stream with last words: “no war” and then played a “Swan Lake” ballet video (just like they did on all USSR tv channels when it suddenly collapsed). Both gerefan2 and I know the ballet as as "Sleep Lake"

https://twitter.com/i/status/1499509523337433092

Liked

That's a pretty ballsy move. Hope they don't end up sporting the new Covid face maks the Russian government came out with. They're these really efficient black ones that cover the entire head to ensure no virus particles can get out.