Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 57 of 282 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107157 ... LastLast

Thread: The Brink of War?

No Platformed
    Liked

Re: The Brink of War?

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    Wayne Gretzky even said he wanted it on air during his sports broadcast, and he's basically considered a god in Canada, so decent chance it will happen.
    A rival god to Justin?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by StevieWonders View Post
    A rival god to Justin?
    Not even in the same league in minds of Canadians. Gretzky would be like Zeus, while Trudeau would be like a court jester who does cute yoga poses.

Up here, he's even referred to as "The Great One", especially by sports casters and the like.

No Platformed
    Liked

To add some levity - during Soviet times the mythical Radio Armenia used to run a Q&A: “What is the difference between the dollar and the rouble. The dollar is backed by gold but the rouble by tanks
    Question: Is it true we are on the brink of an abyss?
    Answer: No. It used to be true, but since then we have taken a great step forward.

4. User who gave Like to post:

Brad the Impala (March 1st, 2022)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Up here, he's even referred to as "The Great One", especially by sports casters and the like.
    He gets similar recognition in the U.S. as well.

I've had the opportunity to watch him twice on the ice - and it was the thrill of a lifetime.

No Platformed
    Liked

Televangelist Pat Robertson said Monday that Russian President Vladimir Putin was “compelled by God” in his decision to invade Ukraine, suggesting that Russia’s attacks are a precursor to an end-times battle in Israel.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...russia-ukraine

No Platformed
    Liked

Two of Russia’s most prominent oligarchs have spoken out against Vladimir Putin’s invasion of Ukraine in a major turning point in public reaction to the war.

The interventions by billionaires Oleg Derpipaksa and Mikhail Fridman came as police arrested hundreds of people at protests across the country on Sunday against a conflict that has shocked not only the West but also Russians from all walks of life.

Celebrities and some MPs have already expressed their opposition to the bloody invasion but statements on Sunday from Mr Deripaska and Mr Fridman will be a bitter blow to the president, who has long relied on the unshakable loyalty of the business elite.

Mr Fridman, the co-founder of Alfa-Bank, one of the country’s largest private banks, said in a message to staff at his London-based private equity firm LetterOne: “War can never be the answer”. In the message, he said: “I was born in Western Ukraine and lived there until I was 17. My parents are Ukrainian citizens and live in Lviv, my favourite city.

“But I have also spent much of my life as a citizen of Russia, building and growing businesses. I am deeply attached to Ukrainian and Russian peoples and see the current conflict as a tragedy for them both.”

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by StevieWonders View Post

The interventions by billionaires Oleg Derpipaksa and Mikhail Fridman came as police arrested hundreds of people at protests across the country on Sunday against a conflict that has shocked not only the West but also Russians from all walks of life.

Celebrities and some MPs have already expressed their opposition to the bloody invasion but statements on Sunday from Mr Deripaska and Mr Fridman will be a bitter blow to the president, who has long relied on the unshakable loyalty of the business elite.

Mr Fridman, the co-founder of Alfa-Bank, one of the country’s largest private banks, said in a message to staff at his London-based private equity firm LetterOne: “War can never be the answer”. In the message, he said: “I was born in Western Ukraine and lived there until I was 17. My parents are Ukrainian citizens and live in Lviv, my favourite city.

“But I have also spent much of my life as a citizen of Russia, building and growing businesses. I am deeply attached to Ukrainian and Russian peoples and see the current conflict as a tragedy for them both.”
    Fridman is citizen of Israel and resident of UK, Deripaska is citizen of Cyprus. What else they can say for to save own wealth?
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

9. User who gave Like to post:

StevieWonders (March 2nd, 2022)

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    Fridman is citizen of Israel and resident of UK, Deripaska is citizen of Cyprus. What else they can say for to save own wealth?
    Is there a Russian equivalent to the English saying “Like rats leaving a sinking ship”?

Liked

Yeah, they're not even full Russians, so who cares what they think?

Now get out of the way, while the real Russians handle this ridiculous nationalistic problem in Ukraine.

No Platformed
    Liked

Yeah, they're not even full Russians, so who cares what they think?

Now get out of the way, while the real Russians handle this ridiculous nationalistic problem in Ukraine.
    DFAAD90E-77C4-4CA9-B4BA-83EBE7506443.jpg