Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 54 of 282 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154 ... LastLast

Thread: The Brink of War?

Liked

Re: The Brink of War?

Quote Originally Posted by StevieWonders View Post
    Syria is already a client State; I wouldn’t think a couple of banana republics are worth considering
    Ohhh, speaking of banana republics, have an awesome Youtube video about that. How the US Stole Central America with Bananas:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWBCl8huNMA

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    Nicaragua, Venezuela, and Syria have thrown their support behind Putin publicly.

That's all I know of. Turkey hasn't as of yet, at least not that I know of. Turkey has the ability to close the waterways that connect Russia to the Black Sea as well, but haven't done so even after Ukraine has asked.
    They can't: Montreux doctrine allows to close Bosporus, but for Russia only in direction from Black sea, Turkey can't close Bosporus for Russian ships what are returning to bases in direction to Black sea - it isn't allowed by doctrine. Unfortunately for Ukraine Black sea is Russian home sea and Russian naval bases are located right next to front line.
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    I'd be surprised if some of the forces you mentioned weren't there from the very beginning.
    They were there: about 500 instructors from UK and about 1000 instructors from US, both countries recalled staff just 2 weeks before conflict for to avoid 3rd world war.
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    Nicaragua, Venezuela, and Syria have thrown their support behind Putin publicly.

That's all I know of. Turkey hasn't as of yet, at least not that I know of. Turkey has the ability to close the waterways that connect Russia to the Black Sea as well, but haven't done so even after Ukraine has asked.
    + Serbia, Myanmar.
    China, India and whole ASEAN are neutral (excl. Singapore)

We will see real picture today at UN assembly

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    They can't: Montreux doctrine allows to close Bosporus, but for Russia only in direction from Black sea, Turkey can't close Bosporus for Russian ships what are returning to bases in direction to Black sea - it isn't allowed by doctrine.
    Not to point out the obvious here, but don't think you're in much of a position to go waving around signed agreements as rationale as to why a nation can or can't do something.

+ Serbia, Myanmar.
    Ohh, my bad, totally forgot about the power houses of Serbia and Myanmar.

Liked

Sounds like Switzerland is also going to impose sanctions on Russia and freeze assets.

You really got to fuck up for Switzerland to pick a side against you.

EDIT: Ohh, and Singapore is imposing sanctions as well. Another one where you really have to fuck things up for them to pick a side. Oh well, at least Russia doesn't have to worry about sanctions from the likes of Serbia, Myanmar, Syria, and Venezeula so I'm sure they'll be ok.

7. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Brad the Impala (March 1st, 2022), Dodger (March 1st, 2022)

No Platformed
    Liked

+ Serbia, Myanmar.
    China, India and whole ASEAN are neutral (excl. Singapore)

We will see real picture today at UN assembly
    I asked about “announced support” not neutrality. Myanmar is in the same basket as Syria, it’s a Russian client state. Neutrality does not equal support. I don’t believe anyone seriously believes that a country that has a vested interest in invasions such as China’s already announced views of Taiwan is “neutral”. The key word is SUPPORT. Failure to criticise doesn’t mean support

9. User who gave Like to post:

Brad the Impala (March 1st, 2022)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Flights

what a horrible situation...the two p[eople are all practically blood family related....we should stop referring to thge aggressors as Russians but as putins....much like we refer to nazis and not Germans...I'm sure that the vast majority of Russians do not support or want this war...

11. 3 Users gave Like to post:

Andy (March 1st, 2022), BenCH (March 1st, 2022), Dodger (March 1st, 2022)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

...you all need to stop referring to the aggressors as Russians....call them putins....much like we refer to nazis and not Germans...

13. User who gave Like to post:

Andy (March 1st, 2022)

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

Putin is clearly a tactical genius who “always gets what he wants”.

1. Unite Nato ✓
    2. Unite EU ✓
    3. Crashes the Rouble by 30% ✓
    4. Makes Russia a social, political and economic pariah ✓
    5. Creates the possibility of Ukraine being fast tracked into NATO or the EU ✓
    6. Effects regime change in Ukraine ✕